All reviews curling bonspiel fridge and coffee maker room was clean easy location waffles recommend this hotel mandarin restaurant off the highway front desk staff were very friendly quick stop good nights sleep morning breakfast would stay here again tim hortons pillows inns seniors
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

The staff were exceptionally friendly. It's location was ideal to everything we wanted to do. We had a problem with hot water due to shower outage but they fixed it as quickly as possible. They were unable to resolve a key issue of entrance at side doors due to the outage but they were trying as best as possible. The rooms were clean on arrival. We didn't eat breakfast there as we ate later in day. It was a very quiet place to stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deb700
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during the month of August and my stay was decent for the price so I decided to book again with in February which was the worst mistake ever. On my second visit it seemed that rules change according to which staff is on duty which complicated a few things for me when it came to the payment process. One morning around 10AM I was sleeping and my friend stepped out the room to get something to eat from Tim Hortons and when she came back there was a cleaning lady in the room. She was in the bathroom looking thru our belongings and didn’t even realize I was in the room! When my friend came back she asked her what she was doing and to please get out because I was sleeping and she shouldn’t be in my room. She then woke me up and told me I was a bit upset about that, but I didn’t say anything. Later on that night we were supposed to out and I couldn’t find my wallet, I last had it on the tv stand. My ID cards were found in the drawer but the money along with the wallet were gone. So it was obvious that it was stolen... I went straight to the front desk and explained the situation to the man on duty and he told me it shouldn’t of happened and he would let his manager know. The next morning I went to the front desk and the manager wanted to speak to me let me just say that she was extremely rude and not friendly at all. She told me they couldn’t do anything and that I would have to call the cops and press charges. Since I didn’t want to get myself into that situation while being on my trip I simply said I would check out and find another hotel which I did. I then asked her to call me a taxi she then asked where I was going I told her and left from then got my taxi. Upon arriving to the next hotel the front desk asked for my name and then told they are specifically told not to let me not check in. Needless to say I had a very bad experience due to this hotel please save yourself the hassle and go to the other COMFORT INN or another hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ana M
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Over a two weeks timeframe, I made four complaints to front desk with regards to laundry going at 05:30 in the morning or past 22:00...Apparently an owner's relative stay at the hotel. She totally careless about hotel internal rules and policies and frustrates clients. As I stayed directly above the laundry room, there was terrific and really annoying sound going through the laundry room ceiling and my room. It was like an helicopter was landing on the hotel's roof. Customer service front desk told me several times they advise that person not to misbehaved. It fails miserably.
There is an evident disconnect between the front desk and the middle management.
After showing enough patience and understanding, I called the middle management. Again, there was ill excuse put forward about that situation.
At the end, some sort of arrangement has been made between management and I as I have to stay for another week.
I work for the federal government and I have travelled a lot over the years. It is definitively the worst customer service experience ever.
I sincerely hope hotel staff and management receive some customer service training in order to raise hotel standards; because at the moment, it is a simple fail market.
On another note, the quality room cleanliness is fine and the personnel at the front desk (regardless of the situation) are kind.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank W187XXchristianl
Reviewed February 4, 2018

We were in town for a curling bonspiel, and the hotel is right across the street. Super convenient for our purposes, and the staff was friendly. We quite enjoyed the breakfast spread, and the self-made waffles were a nice touch. Room was clean, though the beds were a little surprisingly small and low to the ground.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank saviolo
Reviewed January 30, 2018

I recently stayed here for a curling tournament....so the location was ideal (The curling club is located across the street). I had attended here a couple years ago at which time they were doing some minor renovations. Despite these, it is evident that the hotel is still somewhat 'dated'. The property was clean & staff were friendly. It's not a 5-star....which would account for its reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends