1,231 results
All reviewscrazy horsemini golfzip linerock climbingsnow tubingski hillmarch breaknight skiingrecommend this resortlift ticketsnice resortsitting areaoutdoor activitiesski tripgreat weekendhot tubfull kitchen
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My teenage son and I had an unforgettable experience at Horseshoe that exceeded our expectations. After reading a few negative comments on TripAdvisor, I must admit I was quite circumspect and skeptic about our stay. Needless to say, we did not experience any problems at all, quite the opposite. We stayed in one of the renovated rooms with a great view of the golf course, spacious and inviting. Everything was new and spotless. The walk-in rain shower, the LHD TV, coffee maker, furniture were all in excellent condition. Both lunches and dinners at the CrazyHorse were such a treat. I warmly recommend the place to all visitors. Compliments to the Chef! Good food and friendly atmosphere, what else can one wish for? We relaxed in the pool, sauna and whirlpool as much as we could, before and after hiking, played squash and used the gym. I wish we could have tried the Maze and the Mini Golf as well but the Park was sadly, closed. All in all, we had a fabulous time at the resort and will come again. I also like that it is quite affordable for small families such as ours, for people who are not too sportsy or highly adventurous.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Evanatoru
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Horseshoe Valley Resort definitely made my weekend. After an oversight on my behalf during the booking I nearly wasted my weekend. When explaining my situation to the staff, they were more than willing to do what they could to help fix it. After all that was said and done the weekend couldn't have been made better.
The staff was always extremely helpful and friendly whenever I needed a question answered or had a request. The facilities are well kept, well staffed, and very pleasant. I would definitely recommend Horseshoe to anyone looking for a nice weekend away.
I did the treetop trekking but also rode the bicycle trails there and had a blast. The adventure park looks like a ton of fun and will definitely return to try the other activities offered by Horseshoe.
The rooms are very well kept, beds clean and comfortable, and the view is spectacular. I wouldn't miss a chance to visit Horseshoe and experience all they have to offer. Can't do it all in one weekend so you'll have to go a few times, not like that would be a bother.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed at a 2 bedroom condo with 2 other couples. (max 6 people per condo)
This is a skiing resort and for that reason, we are staying at the resort for one whole week. After a long day of skiing and skateboarding, we could come back to enjoy hot shower immediately.
The resort is separated into hotel rooms and condo building, but they are close to each other for sharing the common amenities such as activity room and pool.
Our condo is with full kitchen equiped that we brought our own food to cook during our stay. We had instant noodles for snack, steak for dinner and pizza for night snacks. The resort offers many restaurants for skiiers or hotel guests but pricey. We did save a lot of meal money and had a blast with our own food.
Oeverall, the resort is a bit aged, but we did manage to get through the week with comfort. We will try a different resort at Blue mountain in the next vacation.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DXJCSU
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I took my girlfriend to Horseshoe Valley for her birthday and we both loved it. The treetop trekking was real fun and the zip lining was quite the adrenaline rush. There are many activities that anyone of any age can enjoy and youll never get bored. Our room was the honeymoon suite which was quite spacious and had a very romantic aire to it. Id recommend this resort whether youre looking for a romantic getaway or an outdoor stay. The customer service was real friendly and nice and ensured that my stay was one to remember. Not to mention, the food was exceptional.

Room Tip: Id recomment the two storey suite (bridal suite). It will make for a very romantic and wonderful stay. I was awed with how nice and spacious the suite was.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriele G
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed in one of the “premium” suites at the Inn - for a romantic getaway to celebrate a milestone birthday. We booked this room "upgrade" primarily for the fireplace and the extra-large Jacuzzi. To say that we were “underwhelmed” is an understatement; we were borderline disgusted with the quality/condition of the room.

The room itself was VERY poorly maintained, dirty and outdated (circa 1980's). When we arrived in the room, the walls were dirty, scuffed and had something that looked like food splashed on it. The casing around the closet door was pulling right off the frame. The bathroom was by far the worst – our sink had multiple cracks in it, the faucets functioned poorly, the Jacuzzi tub was stained and grey/brown on the bottom (we didn't even use it because of this), and there were missing and cracked floor tiles with dirty/stained grout. Our disappointment didn't end there. My husband and I decided to have wine in front of the (VERY old electric) fireplace, but the chairs in the sitting area were so stained and dirty, we didn’t even want to sit in them.

We had also booked online to combine our stay with the Treetop Trekking adventure (which we were very excited about). Two days before our stay, I called to check when our time was for the start of the Trekking. We were advised that they did not have our reservation and, when we explained that we had booked our package online, the staff member said that their e-mail hadn't been working properly and that we should have called instead. From a business perspective, if you know that something isn't working properly and that it affects the quality of customer service, don't you get it fixed??

Hotel and restaurant staff were friendly, though, and the food at Sillks was very good. We had breakfast at Crazyhorse, where the food was mediocre at best. When I shared my complaints about our room with management at the Inn, they advised that they would offer us a "special" rate the next time that we stayed there. Since we have no intention on spending any other money at this poorly-maintained "resort", this was no consolation and, in our opinion, very poor business. We were also told that they had refurbished some of the rooms in the Inn. I'm not sure which rooms these were, but my hope would have been that they might have started with some updates to the rooms that were the MORE expensive to stay in?

My advice ... if you have a burning desire to see Horseshoe Valley, book some activities (by phone!) at the Adventure Park or go out for dinner there. Don't waste your money on the Inn!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kobirot
SeanGM, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Firstly, thank you for your candid feedback.

I appreciate the positive feedback on Silks restaurant and the food there.

I am frankly most disappointed with our response to the reservation issues.You correctly point out that we should be responsive and we were not. For this I apologize.

We are addressing the condition of the guest rooms as a priority. We have completed 27 rooms of our 100 and are receiving very positive reviews of these. We are making some upgrades - televisions, heating and cooling systems and deep cleans - ahead of the full renovation planned for the April of 2012. This renovation will see a complete refurbishment, including bathrooms, to address the outsated decor and wear.

We are sincere in our desire to improve the product, and do hope that you will return to enjoy the resort as we continue to upgrade the products and services we have.

Sean