1,247 results
All reviews crazy horse mini golf zip line rock climbing snow tubing ski hill march break night skiing recommend this resort lift tickets nice resort sitting area outdoor activities ski trip great weekend hot tub full kitchen
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My family stayed at the condos at Horseshoe this weekend. We had a wonderful time - my son took snowboarding lessons, my daughter swam, and we all loved tubing. Room was dated but fine (although no one came to clean while we were there) and food was OK ( Crazy Horse needs a REAL salad on the menu). But - there was a ski and snowboard festival and the participants partied LOUD all night. I was woken up at 3AM and it was so loud with doors slamming, people hollering and running up and down the hallways that I called the front desk. I was told security would come by and quiet things down, but 45 minutes later it was even worse. So I called back and someone else answered and told me there was this festival and they were trying to handle the situation. By 4:30 I had almost given up hope and tried calling once more - I was informed the OPP were called, and I looked out the window and saw the police vehicles pulling up! I was shocked. But by 5 it was quiet. Really Horseshoe? Really? You had no clue that families and rowdy teens should be separate? And you had no expectation of drunken trouble at such an event? I'm exhausted.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen H
CamDad, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments on this past weekend.

I am very glad you enjoyed the active part of your stay and I do sincerely apologize that the actions of other guests disrupted your stay and enjoyment.

It is never easy to understand in our business who will be loud and disruptive in advance of a stay. We do endeavour to make logical decisions about blocking rooms and guests based on the information we have in advance and at arrival. It is unfortunate that we had a number of disruptive patrons, some of whom were not registered in the resort, that were on-site that evening. We did hire additional security for the event and the support of the OPP was appreciated in dealing with some particularly uncooperative guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly in advance of a future stay with us. I would be pleased to make special arrangements for you and your family in recognition of the disruption to this stay. I would hate for these events to be your lasting impression of our Resort.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

This hotel is well kept and nicely appointed, good value. Rooms are spacious and beds are much better than most hotels. Rooms have fireplace and wing back chairs separate from the
bedroom. Restaurant is very good with good service. All in all would recommend this hotel. Hotel is very close to ski hill, (2 min walk)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
CamDad, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Resort!

I will be sharing your comments with our team and know that they will be delighted to hear of the positive impression that they created. We do hope that you will come back to ski again, and come back to visit this summer for golf, the adventure park, cycling or any of the host of other activities we feature.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I am very unhappy about the hidden 3% fee that you charge. Whike youmay feel that it is a "standard" fee that is not illegal I beg to question why it is hidden. No where could I find on your website, in tha lobby where you rent equiptment and buy tickets or in the cafateria any indication that I would be charged 3% in ADDITION to the 13%HST I pay. Its a money grab as far as I am concerned. Add to that the lack of signage to lock up you equiptment because apparently you have an issue with boards being stolen frequently. Not happy at all.

1  Thank Suzy F
CamDad, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Suzy:

I do appreciate your feedback and believe it needs a clear response.

First, on the issue of signage and theft. There are a number of signs, most notably by the entrances to the Ski Chalet that clearly indicate that articles should not be left unattended. We have lockers, and locking racks available for our patrons to use. Our reported thefts are down compared to prior years and we have recovered stolen property in several instances due to the efforts of our security team working with the authorities and guests. Please do contact me if you have not reported loss of an item to our Risk Manager so that we can open a file and track this.

The resort amenity fee is a common charge in our industry and we make no effort to hide this. I will review our website and signage to ensure that is more clear - I do appreciate you spotlighting that it is not clear in certain areas. The fee is used to provide services that every guest has access to on a complimentary basis, such as WIFI, You will find that a stay at most hotels and resorts will have a destination or amenity fee with it. I am disappointed that you feel that this is not appropriate and do value your feedback.

I do hope that you had an enjoyable day on the slopes,

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Last week my fiance and I stayed at the Horseshoe Inn for Valentines day.
We didn't know what to expect based on how cheap the package was (stay + skiing) but overall we were really impressed.
Easy drive and the skiing wasn't very difficult for my fiance who is learning how to ski.

The room was a standard hotel room (parlor) which had a fireplace and a hot tub. The room itself was over 700 square feet with 2 levels and faced the edge of the hill.

If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive ski trip and are a beginner we recommend Horseshoe.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Had a great time skiing for the first time in 20 yrs with my 3.5 yr old daughter. Staff was excellent and went above and beyond the call of duty when due to confusion checking my daughter in for her lesson I was late for my own lesson, and on top of that lost my ski rental paperwork. They issued me new paperwork, and the ski school upgraded me to a private lesson because my group lesson had already left.

My daughter enjoyed her session at the Kids Korrel as well. An excellent experience.

1  Thank Dale B
CamDad, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

My sincere thanks for you feedback.

A big part of our re-positionning of the resort is to grow our appeal to families - and particularly those wanting to expose their children to healthy, outdoor activities. Growing life-long skiers is one of these objectives and I am pleased that we hit the mark for you and your family. Thank you for the kind words on the flexibility of the staff - they work hard to ensure that everyone has a great experience.

I will share your comments with the Ski Services team and know that they will be delighted to read your report.