1,232 results
All reviewscrazy horsemini golfzip linerock climbingsnow tubingski hillmarch breaknight skiingrecommend this resortlift ticketsnice resortsitting areaoutdoor activitiesski tripgreat weekendhot tubfull kitchen
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Location is convenient and the scenery is magnificient. So much that I purchased property near Horsheshoe as a year-round family cottage/chalet for skiing, golfing, and mtn.biking on the endless single tracks in the Copeland forest. It's also in close proximity to the many beaches on Georgian Bay.

While I can imagine there are many challenges in operating a four-season family resort, I have seen a severe deterioration in many areas, especially in terms of pricing and service. Pricing for everything has skyrocketed since 2009; the buildings and rooms are in dire straits--so bad that I do not recommend any friends/relatives to stay in the resort; and the service has gone downhill (no pun intended) although the service at the Crazy Horse pub is OK. Far too many issues to state, but I am hoping that the new Resort owners can turn it into a first-class family-friendly destination.

2  Thank D B
Reviewed April 5, 2012

In need of maintenance and repairs when we were there - the wallpaper in our suite was peeling and the laundry closet door was off its hinges when we arrived but the serviceman repaired it quickly once we complained. This resort is apparently trying to get rid of its timeshare owners apparently and is charging very high maintenance fees. The gym was okay and the indoor pool was nice. For anyone who loves to ski however - Mount St. Louis Moonstone offers better runs but this is has a great location at the bottom of the hill. I'd stay at Carriage Hills Resort at the top of the hill next time though.

Room Tip: The hotel is nicer than the timeshare accommodation
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
CamDad, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your comments.

I am pleased that our team responded quickly to the concerns in your suite, but am disappointed that you encountered them at all!

We did become responsible for the former timeshare units recently and are putting together a renovation plan to reposition these units for the future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed March 26, 2012

It felt like I had entered the 80's! The room was spacious but very dated. Firstly, they did not have a second key to give me. I was waiting for friends to meet me and could not get into the room because another key was not available. There was still garbage left from the last occupants left on the balcony/sun room. The dishwasher leaked water all over the floor. We had to call the front desk for more towels, a lighter to light the fire and sugar for coffee in the morning. There were no sheets left for the pullout couch. The heat was not controlled well and was very noisy. On a positive side, the kitchen was well stocked and had a large fridge. The room was not worth $300 for one night. The best part was I had a great time catching up with friends. Apparantly they are beginning renovations at the resort which is badly needed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tafierce
CamDad, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

I thank you for your candid feedback on your stay.

I am sorry that you experienced the inconveniences that you noted and I will follow up with our Housekeeping team on the deficiencies you mentioned in the physical make up of the room.

We are undergoing a renovation of the Inn rooms that will see a complete revamp to these including bathrooms, corridors and furniture. The Valley Suites unit that you stayed in are slated for some minor updates in 2012, with a full renovation to the exterior and interior of the building in 2013. These rooms are dated, but as you noted very functional with full kitchens, 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms.

I am glad that Horseshoe provided a meeting place for you and your friends and hope that you would return to see the improvements being made.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed here the end of March break 2012..Even though the snow season was coming to an end very quickly because of the unusual warm weather...the kids still got in some snowboarding and tubing. All the staff were awesome and always willing to accommodate any of our requests. It is such a great place with all activities within a couple minutes of walking or you can call for pickup at the restaurant..Looking forward to another visit to this awesome hideaway just outside Barrie

1  Thank ejm2244

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback.

We are delighted that you and the kids enjoyed the spring conditions and the variety of activities available to you.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the summer activities!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Ski and Stay at Horseshoe was a great deal. Under $160 for an adult and a child to stay including a buffet breakfast and lift tickets good for 2 days ! Staff was friendly and outgoing and the breakfast was scrumptious. All lifts were available for day skiing and the runs were well lit for night skiing. A quick drive from Toronto.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
CamDad, General Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

We are really glad you took advantage of the conditions and one of our family offers over the break - thank you for choosing to spend this time with us.

We are close to Toronto and working hard to let people know we are here with an incredible array of activities.

We do hope to see you back this summer to see the investments we have made in our guest rooms and to enjoy our line up of summer activities.

Many thanks,