1,230 results
All reviewscrazy horsemini golfzip linerock climbingsnow tubingski hillmarch breaknight skiingrecommend this resortlift ticketsnice resortsitting areaoutdoor activitiesski tripgreat weekendhot tubfull kitchen
Reviewed February 13, 2010

The accommodation is tired and lacks modern essentials such as room safes and refrigerators. I found it very odd that they were mixing adult guests and school groups in the same area. But, if you are just looking for a bed after enjoying the great activities and ski facilities, it would be fine. The male changing rooms at the pool are in a particularly bad state. As a contrast, the food in Silks Restaurant is first class with good alternative dining options elswhere in the resort.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Really not a good place for kids at this time of the year. I was there last week and really not much for the kids to do. The pool and the pool. How long can kids play on a pool with no toys, not being allowed to jump of the walls? The kids korral was closed. The tennis courts had a line instead of a proper net. We did take tennis raquets there but it was really annoying not having a net. When I asked at the front desk I was told Barrie is very close and has lots for the kids. At the Inn, it´s betweeen golf and ski season, so not much to offer. Too bad I did not meet those nice people at the Inn some others did.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stayed for two days on a golf special we found online. When we got there, Cara, checked us in. She was so nice and friendly and even gave us a loft room. The rooms were so spacious. They were slightly tired because it is an older hotel but we were still very impressed. Only had a couple issues; windows weren't cleaned thoroughly, they must have mistakened lotion for conditioner because when we got there we had lots of hand lotion but no condition, and the last night our phone wasn't working. They were just minor issues and when I called down to get conditioner they were sooo nice and brought some up within seconds.

We ate at Crazy Horse. It was great food. Tuesday night there is an amazing deal where two can dine for $24.99. That meal was definitely worth every penny and some. We weren't given any mints which was unusual.

They have lots of golf courses. It was my first time playing and I don't think I would recommend it was learners.They didn't direct us where to get clubs or where we even start. The golf attendant kept on pushing us even though we were letting people go ahead of us. It made the whole experience not very enjoyable.

Overall though, we had a great time, and the service (in the hotel and restaurant) were great. We would go again doe sure.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Rumford87
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I called in April and booked a trip for 8 adults for early June and was immediately charged on my credit card for it. I called again late April to add 2 more spots and was charged again. The staff had told me that I would be charged and I OK'd it. A week after we returned from the trip, I noticed that I was charged a THIRD time for the trip..$430. I was never told that I would be charged this amount, and I had no clue why my card was charged without me knowing. I thought someone made an error at Treetop, so I called in to ask about the charge. They told me that they could not find the charge that they made in April and asked me to fax in my visa statement. I faxed it in, and after a week, they called and said they made a mistake and would credit me back the first charge (which is less than the 3rd charge by $50). I was never given an apology nor was I given an explanation for the differences in the first and 3rd charge. I had to go on their website to find out myself why there was a difference (it turns out it was due to difference prices depending on the number of people you have). If I hadn't checked my bank accounts, I would have been out $400 for no reason.
Charging someone's credit card without being authorized to do so is a freaking crime!
They pretty much tried to steal from their customers. I do NOT recommend this place to anyone who uses a credit card to pay.

The hotel was a-ok.

Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank TreetopSukked8
Reviewed July 13, 2009

First time i have stayed at horseshoe. Its rustic and older. The price they gave us we couldnt beat anywhere else, so value for the money is there. The pools are a bit outdated..the room was clean except the showers are old and have mold. They could use an update and the place would be nice. We went to the Yamaha school for the day and it was awesome.
Would we stay here again? Sure. It was relaxing. Our room overlooked the golf course, was very quiet and pretty. The restaurant in the hotel has amazing food. The thing you will notice with this place is the staff. They will do anything tomake your stay perfect. They are Super friendly and that is hard to find these days..

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family