“Excellent Chicken Shawarma and the Portion is Huge!”

Sammy's In 'n' Out Pita
Ranked #45 of 550 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed December 5, 2016

I have dined at Sammy's for dinner on two previous occasions over the years but never had a take out shawarma before. In Barrie last week for business and decided to get a chicken shawarma for a fast lunch. WOW! The chicken shawarma was huge and delicious, in fact, I couldn't even eat it all, it was so big. The staff I dealt with to place my order was friendly, it did not take long for my order to be delivered and the price was great too for the portion size I got. Good to note that when I went, they were only accepting cash.

1  Thank MuskokaMan

Reviewed October 26, 2016

Good food but the service sucks. If your on lunch this is not recommended. Slow service and usually forget something weather its your drink or whatever .

1  Thank Sandy W
Reviewed September 14, 2016

Owner run and cooks with a experienced staff. The best shawarma I have tasted!! The whole menu looks awesome and I keep going back to try new things.

1  Thank chefleona
Reviewed August 5, 2016

I love the shawarma & falafel at Sammy's! The only problem I've ever had there was deciding which one to order.

Sam & staff are friendly & courteous & the food is delicious!

When it gets busy, the wait times can be a little long but the food is worth waiting for!

1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

This is one of the best places in all of Barrie for lunch.

I work in town and eat hear almost weekly. 90% of the time I get a chicken Shawarma to go but I have eaten in with my kids and have tried most of the menu. I really have never had a bad meal here. I highly recommend this place for an affordable, healthy meal. The decor is very nice and super clean which is always a priority for me but it is fairly small.

Three things you need to know to have a more enjoyable visit

1) This place is often cash only.

2) They are very busy in peak times but if you call your order in they will usually have it waiting for you by the time you get there.

3) Sammy the owner is pretty good guy he's always there and often talks to his customers but he can sometimes come across as cranky but he's in a tough business. I will say that he is sometimes pretty abrupt with his staff but everyone has their own managing style. I do however think he should spare the customers the uncomfortable position.

All in all this is one of my favourite spots in town but be warned it's pretty addictive.

1  Thank Pat5176