“Lunch w my daughter”

Ranked #53 of 548 Restaurants in Barrie
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch w my daughter I got the club wrap w fries and gravy. Gravy was the best! Everything was great service waitress love this place always look for ward to the food there

Melanie M, Manager at Cottage Canoe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant. Please keep coming back. See you soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Wanted a place to stop for a quick lunch and we were not disappointed! The food was excellent, had a wrap and the soup of the day. The employees were a little distracted as it seems it was getting close to them being off work but friendly when they did come to the table.
The price was great and even got 10% with a local referral card from a car dealership!
Super easy to find off the highway and a tasty meal.

I am so glad to hear that our food is on point. A little disappointed in my staff. I am going to use this as a teaching moment to brush up on there skills. So next time my servers will be on point. See you soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

I get my breakfast from Cottage Canoe at least once a week delivered by Skip The Dishes and it rocks!! Always fresh, always right and tastes awesome!

I am so Glad to hear that skip the dish works for you. Keep the reviews coming in. Take care see you soon. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

We were looking for a local restaurant and found Cottage Canoe on line. We checked out the menu and were happy with it so decided to give it a try. We called ahead to place our order ahead of our arrival since we only had an hour. We were pleasantly surprised - upon our arrival the waitress greeted me by name. We got seated and about 5 minutes later our food was at our table. The restaurant is very quaint and comfortable, just like a cottage. The food was delicious, hot and reasonably priced. The waitress was very attentive not just with us, but with all her tables. I spoke briefly with the owner and she was very friendly and answered my questions promptly. We look forward to returning to the Cottage Canoe to try more dishes.

I remember cooking for you. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and I hope you are going to keep coming back. See you soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

This was my first time at Cottage Canoe, the restaurant selected by my aunt who I was treating for a belated birthday dinner. We ordered the Salmon Cakes to start and they were okay. My aunt ordered the Trout with Tabbouleh and I ordered the "Gourmet Mac n Cheese". We were having an early dinner (5pm) on a Saturday so there were few other diners and we didn't have to wait long for our food. The server was attentive with us up until she served our food. My aunt then asked for some tartar sauce and had to wait a long time to get it and in fact had to get our servers attention to ask if she had forgot! The server quickly dropped the tartar sauce off but didn't check to see how our meals were. First of all, I felt there was nothing "gourmet" about the Mac n Cheese. In fact it was served with three slices of brick cheddar cheese melted on top of the noodles, which to me wasn't very gourmet looking. I also found that it was extremely bland. I had to cover it with salt and pepper just to make it somewhat enjoyable. The garlic bread was good though. My aunt was also not impressed with her meal. She found the trout to be VERY fishy tasting (as did I when I tried it) and she thought it was dry, and the tabbouleh was not tasty at all. When our server (who kept making herself scarce) finally came to take our plates, she asked how the meals were and we told her. She apologized and took the meals and didn't ask if we wanted dessert which we did! I had to flag her down to ask for a dessert menu and she points to the wall and says "it's right there". So, I ordered the sticky toffee pudding and THAT WAS FANTASTIC but it was served piping hot! It was at least a tasty ending to our disappointing dinner experience. Part way through dessert the Head Chef/Kitchen Manager came out and said she heard that we had complaints. My aunt and I each told her how we felt about our meals. She was apologetic but initially came off as defensive, saying that "no one had ever complained about those dishes" and that "her restaurant was so popular that they frequently had line ups out the door". She then said she would rectify the issue by adjusting our bill, substantially, which was very courteous of her. She also insisted that we return and try the Butter Chicken which she proclaimed was the best. She then left us to enjoy the rest of our dessert. As we were getting our jackets on to leave, the Head Chef came back over to us and told us we "just had to try the Butter Chicken sauce which they make in house with flown in authentic spices". She seemed so eager and proud that we couldn't say No (even though my aunt and I were both savouring the delicious taste of our last bite of the Sticky Toffee Pudding)! The sauce was good (a little watery), but I honestly would have rather left with the sweet taste of our dessert in my mouth, than the heat of the Butter Chicken sauce. Although I appreciated the discount on our bill by the Head Chef/Kitchen Manager, and the passion for her food....I don't think I'll be returning here any time in the near or distant future.

I am so sorry for your inconvenience please call us to resolve this matter immediately.