“Hidden gem on Dunlop”

Ranked #54 of 579 Restaurants in Barrie
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2018

Stumbled on this Cottage Canoe by accident. Glad we did, Hidden gem on Dunlop Street. Located in a busy strip plaza with gas bar.
Varied menu and all items priced accordingly. Busy during post Xmas lunch crowd...., seated promptlyy. Server was polite and attentive. Homemade cooking and it was delicious. Loved the mushroom burger and onion rings!
Clean, clean, clean restaurant from bathrooms to the floors.
Check this place out if passing thru or live in the Simcoe area....won't be disappointed.
Two thumbs up for Cottage Canoe

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Prices are decent, but not worth the trip unless you are passing through or live in the area. Food is average, decor is however quaint. I wonder sometimes if I'm just there for the decor. Been there several times over the past 2 years, and the menu hasn't changed.

Date of visit: December 2017
Melanie M, Manager at Cottage Canoe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

I am so sorry for your inconvenience. We are usually on point. We have rotated our menu's 3 times. The 4th rotation is in the works please come by and give it a try.
Take care see you soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch w my daughter I got the club wrap w fries and gravy. Gravy was the best! Everything was great service waitress love this place always look for ward to the food there

Date of visit: December 2017

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant. Please keep coming back. See you soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Wanted a place to stop for a quick lunch and we were not disappointed! The food was excellent, had a wrap and the soup of the day. The employees were a little distracted as it seems it was getting close to them being off work but friendly when they did come to the table.
The price was great and even got 10% with a local referral card from a car dealership!
Super easy to find off the highway and a tasty meal.

Date of visit: December 2017

I am so glad to hear that our food is on point. A little disappointed in my staff. I am going to use this as a teaching moment to brush up on there skills. So next time my servers will be on point. See you soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

I get my breakfast from Cottage Canoe at least once a week delivered by Skip The Dishes and it rocks!! Always fresh, always right and tastes awesome!

Date of visit: November 2017

I am so Glad to hear that skip the dish works for you. Keep the reviews coming in. Take care see you soon. Thank you for your kind words.