My husband and I had rented a room at Carriage Ridge Resort for 1 night last week-end. We were stuck in a major road block (they closed the highway for several hours) on the way there and arrived at 5:00AM.
When we got to the resort the snow had not been removed and we had a hard time to find the office because it's a few kilometers away from the rooms. When we finally walked into the office, the guy at the counter just looked at us and didn't say a word, we waiting a bit and then asked him if he was the one taking care of the reservations. He told us yes and took our reservation but not before making me go to the car 3 times to get different identity cards (my husband's, mine and then the vehicle registration). We had been driving for over 12 hours instead of the usual 6 hours that it should of taken so I politely asked him if we could have an extension until 11:00 AM (their check-out time is 10:00 AM) and he told me "NO, WE ARE BOOKED". We get to our room and we are the only car parked in the parking lot; 153 rooms = 1 car, and they were booked??? the other guests must of all walked there. As soon as we get to our room, the snow removal guys decide to start the diesel engines of their 2 trucks and let them warm up for 45 minutes just in front of our room and then they start cleaning the snow and make a mountain of snow just in front of our room again, that ended at 7:30 AM so we had to hear those trucks and see the flashing lights until that time. We finally were able to fall asleep at 8:00 AM and we had to get up at 9:00 AM to be able to be out of there by 10:00 AM.
The bed was as hard as a piece of plywood, the shower was moldy, we couldn't put up the heat in the room and it was very cold and finally they had left a dirty cleaning towel on the kitchenette counter.
They say that they are in Barrie but they are 27 kilometers away from downtown Barrie, it's far from everything. The room was nice but I was really disappointed with the whole thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carriage Ridge Resort in Horseshoe Valley just 1 hour north of Toronto, a four-season natural playground with rolling hills, lakes, rivers and forested trails. At Carriage Ridge Resort you’ll find all the comforts and amenities of home in a spectacular country setting. One bedroom and two bedroom condominium accommodations feature fully equipped kitchens, gas fireplaces and jetted hot tubs, making Carriage Ridge Resort absolutely ideal for family vacations, romantic getaways and golf and ski groups to Ontario and the Horseshoe Valley. Whether you want to ski meticulously groomed trails through snow-laden forests of pine, tee off at one of eighteen area golf courses, hike or mountain bike one of several picturesque trails, or just relax at the end of the day, Carriage Ridge Resort in Horseshoe Valley is your very own base for fun and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Carriage Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage Ridge Hotel Barrie
- Carriage Ridge Barrie
- Carriage Ridge Resort Barrie, Ontario