All reviews full kitchen one bedroom suite picnic tables laundry facilities wasaga beach games room jacuzzi tub washer and dryer ski slopes pull out couch minute drive long weekend indoor pool king bed rooms are large mini fridge hockey team
Reviewed March 25, 2018

We stayed here for almost a week and it was great. It's right around the back of Horseshoe Resort and just a 3 minute drive to skiing. The rooms are clean, modern and friendly. Security patrols are timed great. and well, our room was located just outside the pool building and we were in that prime spot.

The pool was clean, safe too. it was weird that the maintenance cleaned it while we were there enjoying the pool. Like, why not do that at night? Its a resort dude. But, it was only a 1/2 hour inconvenience but still weird. Just poor timing.

While it's close to the ski resort, town is still a 20 minute drive. If you need anything. Food choices are better in town.

Room Tip: try and get close to the pool building.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank solidgold451
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights 4 days over march break. Were very good rooms. Was 2 families so we had the 2 bedroom apartment. Clean bright rooms, pool was wonderful. Kids enjoyed the games and arcade area. Had all we needed to cook good meals for the days we were there. Even had a smoothy night.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jdecastris
Esa P, General Manager at Carriage Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Dear guests,

Thank you for completing a review following your two family March break vacation at our resort.
I was pleased to read that the two bedroom suite met with your needs and that both families had the opportunity to enjoy the resort and all the amenities we offer.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another vacation stay with us.

Best EJP

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Ok I took my family here for march break as it was close to home and I could work still through the day. Pictures looked great. Price was reasonable. We booked 2 studio suites. Although the booking was together because I had two different last names on the rooms they were not close together at all. I will note the reception people were very friendly and helpful and moved us closer. However our 4 pm check in as a little off. I got into the room at 7 and they called at 8 to say it was ready. I wouldn't quite say it was all too ready. I had a beer can behind my light, a popcorn bag behind a table. See pictures ( lol hopefully they attach) it made me very hesitant on the rest of the cleaning. Not to mention moving around the cleaning in the hallways was a chore. They throw everything outside the rooms and you have to maneuver around it to get to your room. The going to work in he morning didn't quite work so well in the morning as the overall building was quite loud. I will note I didn't call though. We were right across to the recreation centre as it was across from our building. Staff was friendly but we had no hot tub and the pool you think you could get used to the colder water but we really didn't. Location is fabulous! Just go to the lifts behind you and you are off. Studio suite isn't very handy in trying to feed a family. You have a toaster and microwave and that's it. It's expensive to eat for a family of 6 at the resort. Just burgers and sandwiches with a glass of wine and a beer with tip was $180.00 so plan accordingly.

Room Tip: Surrey building ends at the last lift that is lit at night and right across from the activity Center get an upper floor to reduce rom noise
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2018

This is an older timeshare facility with extremely limited amenities and few creature comforts. Our 1 bdrm had no fireplace, cracked shower glass, no maid or cleaning service or towels even though we were there for 4 days. The TV had limited stations and didn't even have a digital signal never mind HD on any channel.
And then we come to the paper thin walls and ceilings Every word or activity is public as the sound insulation is ZERO. So if you ignore this review and decide to take a chance on this place just please restrain your late-night activities so as not to scare the kids with all kinds of weird noises.

Room Tip: some other hotel
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2018

The staff at Carriage Ridge are helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and clean! perfect access to the Ski in and out for Horseshoe's ski hills. Thank you for a great experience! We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah L
Esa P, General Manager at Carriage Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Hello Sarah L,

Thank you for completing a survey following your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and we appreciate your business.

Best Regards