“Wonderful Crepes and Friendly, Attentive Staff”
Review of Chavo Crepes

Chavo Crepes
Ranked #3 of 15 Dessert in Barrie
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Chavo Crepes is probably my favourite lunch spot in Barrie. The Crepes are always cooked to perfection (my favourite is the Turkey and Cheese) and so healthy I leave feeling just right - not too stuffed but very satisfied. Thomas and his staff are always friendly and attentive and, in my estimation, make the best coffee, bar none, downtown! A great spot!

Reviewed January 7, 2018

We were having coffee in at a local shop, and a group of us decided to have some breakfast, and Chavo's was right across the street. We were glad we did, as what they had on the menu was not your usual Breakfast Fare. There were different types of Crepes to choose from, and the Breakfast Crepe filled with delicious ingredients was just what was needed for the cold winter day. The surroundings were very well laid out, the service was fast and friendly and the prices were reasonable. If you looking for something other than Bacon and Eggs or Waffles, then give Chavo's a try, it might be your choice for the next meal.

1  Thank Snowcruiser54
Reviewed December 23, 2017

This was a fantastic experience. Having read a small article about Chavo in a local paper, I decided I had to try it. I and my wife picked up our 2 adult granddaughters, knowing that one is a vegetarian and the other, like me is just very fussy. It was Friday night before Christmas so I was not surprised that they were not busy and in fact happy as it meant we could linger and really enjoy the food. We each ordered a different savory crepe. Granddaughter 1 order the Ultimate Veggie crepe and she loved it. GD 2 ordered the Mushroom and Cheese, soaked in Burgundy.....another hit ! My wife could not remember the name of her order, but loved it none the less and I had the Monte Cristo on buckwheat crepe. It was phenomenal!The service was laid back, efficient yet friendly. The atmosphere was great, decor, very pretty and the location, right downtown, offers a very decent view of the lake shore lights and the busy Dunlop street. I look hard to criticize every place I go just to make sure that I do not over rate someplace,and I could not find one negative thing to say about Chavo Crepes. I am already planning a return visit.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

I had the strawberries and Nutella and I must say it was incredible. Every bite just blowing me away, GF had the vegetarian and cheese. Not my thing but I had 3 bites cause it was just that damm good. Great service, very friendly. Listed as dessert place but many non sweet based dishes are gonna be a great lunch for me on others visits!

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

I stopped by here for a treat to take to go. Tje service was great and fast. My crepe, when i dug into it was absolutely delicious. They use fresh ingredients and stuff their crepes full of them.