“Vegetarian and middle eastern in a heritage house.”

Arabesque Foods Of-Middle East
Ranked #71 of 546 Restaurants in Barrie
Reviewed January 21, 2017

Love their lentil soup, pickled vegetables are great. Kebabs are tough and not flavourful. Service is not trained and can be loud and rude. The mother is a great cook but her daughters the wait staff are opinionated and not respectful of customers which is rare in Arab culture which are to my experience super hosts. They need to realize insulted guests will not return and will tell on average ten people about their experience. This is killing their mothers business. I go there when I have a craving and I brave their crass and entitled antics just for the food. I would go there more than once a year if real waiters with etiquette and class were on site. I mostly go to Vaughan for this stuff and recommend friends to do the same.

Reviewed August 15, 2016

Simply excellent food - the best. There is so much variety to choose from. The authenticity of middle eastern cooking at its best. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

This was the worst service I've ever experienced. The waitress shouted for 90% of the duration of our visit (at kitchen staff and her toddler who was roaming around), and spoke to us in an abrupt and condescending manner. We were the only occupied table, yet she was impatient and rude. For instance, I asked for clarification on an allergy-related question I had previously asked, and she shouted "You already asked that!"
Overall, the atmosphere was intimidating, and our visit put a damper on our trip to Barrie.
Would not recommend.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

I used to walk down to this restaurant and get take out during lunch when I worked downtown.
On this occasion I joined my sister at this restaurant and we had such a delicious meal. Very nice to sit and visit and talk and not a loud environment. Perfect place for a visit. The service was quick and the menu was varied.

1  Thank patti4141
Reviewed April 2, 2016

Our visit here was on a gift certificate, given to us to celebrate an anniversary. The food was good, the service acceptable. We are not anxious to return? The whole experience was so-so! Yet they are centrally located...so maybe more attention to "detail" could be suggested for this restaurant?