“New Year's Menu”

Price range: US$19 - US$77
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: Cool, casual and comfortable. Located on Lower Bayfield Street for nearly 30 years this humble restaurant / bar features some brilliantly crafted eats, cool & colorful cocktails, a really nice selection of wine and the atmosphere to match. Warm and cozy the restaurant, bar and private lounge offer very different spaces for a variety of applications! Come and experience! Be welcome to. Your host Kent Smith
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Had a great New Years Eve! What a menu! Very creative, perfectly prepared and presented. We were expecting the usual choice of chicken, fish, steak, but were treated to an amazing array of flavors and variety from one course to the next...
Service and atmosphere was friendly, upbeat and professional.

table22_Barrie, Owner at Michael & Marion's, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

HI! Thank you very much. I was personally very pleased with the menu and the evening over all. WE got one bad review about the NYE and it left me scratching my head. Thank you for the kind review. We all appreciate it very much.

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

After consistent amazement over the creations of Chef Pyne we feel the need to express our delight. Our last visit we were offered a "Trust the Chef" deal, which turned out to be a six course meal! Beetroot on fresh linguini with roasted nuts, braised beef cheek on polenta with crispy fried onion, poached black cod with tarragon sauce and buba ganoush just to mention the mains. Service spanned 2 hours, just as we feel it should. Great atmosphere, super friendly staff, ambient setting with tunes and a the very charming owner. Pricing on the menu is very competitive, one would expect to pay more. Michael & Marions is our number one Barrie pick for fine dining.

table22_Barrie, Owner at Michael & Marion's, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Hello & thank you. We all like to get a rood review and really appreciate this one! Happy Saturday.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, I have a confession to make. The last time I dined at this restaurant was my prom night in 1993. For the life of me I cannot explain why I have not been back sooner. Literally just had an incredible meal for and with my partner. The service and food were impeccable. The ambiance went along with the food and service. We will be back and will definitely check out the Side Door. Thank you for a great evening.

table22_Barrie, Owner at Michael & Marion's, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Hi KGR

So sorry to hear that you have not been here since 1993! Wow that's a long time. Please be welcome again. We do our best. The chef has mad skill and the people that served you are very professional in their jobs and responsibilities. I hope that you will visit again soon. We always appreciate a good review!

Thank you.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

We went there as a a group of 4 during Barrielicious. We all had different meals which were very tasty. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was fun.

Unfortuanately, we were asked to leave our table just after we paid our bill. The owner offered us a drink at the bar if we would vacate our table. I understand why he did this, but after dropping 250$ in his restaurant, I was given a chill. We left, not really interested in the drink.

I would summarize this by saying if you go there, make sure it is not busy and don't pay your bill until you have finished your Irish coffee. Sorry, you would have gotten at least 4 out of 5 rating otherwise.

Thank you so much for the feed back. I am saddened by the review. I certainly appreciate where you are coming from. If you would like to reach out to me privately I would be happy to send you and your friends a gift care for another visit. I can be reached at micahelandmarions@rogers.com

Reviewed February 8, 2018

My wife and I ate here recently and everything that was put in front of us was tasty. This is small location divided into two parts, being a bar area and a restaurant. The bar area had patrons enjoying themselves drinking and having small plates and appetizers. You can see the kitchen from the restaurant side and it was fun trying to figure out what the chefs were doing. We had a few appetizers and a main but no desert because we were full. The steak that my wife had was cooked well and the potatoes and veggies were also to our liking. I had the Ragu and the pasta was delicious with small pieces of meat, mushroom and sundried tomatoes, each of which were like a taste explosion. Loved it. The cost is a bit high but considering the high quality of the food, the cozy atmosphere and the great servers, it was worth it!

table22_Barrie, Owner at Michael & Marion's, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Hi

Thank you for the great review. I am sorry the costs are a bit high. Sadly its the nature of eating out these days. WE all really appreciate your kind words. Please be welcome another time. Let me know your coming and I will treat you and your wife to a nice cheese cake for dessert! My treat.

Please feel free to contact me directly for a reservation at michaelandmarions@rogers.com