“Good and Tasty Eats”

Uncle Bob's Country Buffet
Ranked #2 of 21 Quick Bites in Barrie
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a typical buffet lay out with ample seating for groups, large and small. The food is very tasty and fresh. It is varied-from traditional to fast foods (pizza). There is. Large selection of desserts. Waitress staff is friendly and accommodating. There are large semi-private areas capable of handling a group function that requires some talking between participants.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 23, 2018

A good place to go for a comfort food buffet. Coffee is good and you can choose a stronger blend. When I visit with my Mom she has the stronger coffee and I have the regular blend. It's always good.

The food served changes a little every time we visit but there are lots of good regulars. Mostly meat and potatoes: steak, chicken, and the baked fish is one of my favourite things to get here. I wish there were more vegetables, they have some and are usually cooked well. Not overcooked or floating in water and soggy as I have seen at some buffets. Pasta is also good. Creamy and yummy macaroni and cheese.

I start with the salad bar and coffee. I especially like the pickled beets. Salad is varied well and fresh! My Mother likes to top off her meal with a candy floss.

Overall it is enjoyable to visit, coffee is better than I expect from a buffet and you will not leave hungry.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We went to Uncle Bob’s when it first opened and it was bland and tasteless. We were very Leary to go back do to that experience, but we are glad we did.

The food was hot and there was plenty of it. Almost everything tasted great! The steak was a little dry and over cooked and the stuffing was terrible but here is what was good.
The chicken Parmesan and lasagna were flavourful and I especially liked the wing sauce they placed with the wings. The roast beef was decent but the Yorkshire pudding was the best I have ever had at a buffet. You could taste the egg and they were light and fluffy.

Over all it looks like they stepped up their game and have joined the ranks as a good buffet place to eat. Keep it up! We will be back

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Had been there a couple of times previous and the food gradually deteriorated. Food overcooked and dry, Roast beef was fat and stringy. Don't think I will be back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

It was getting toward the end of lunch so I understand that some items would taste older or off. However, the chili tasted bad. I could do better opening a can of "Stago Chili". I was overall disappointed with my visit. The best item was the roast chicken. Many items were excessively oily.

The great price did not compensate for the lack of quality of the food.

I wouldn't bring my wife or guest to this restaurant.

Maybe I came on a bad day at a bad time but I probably wouldn't return.

Date of visit: August 2018