Lowest prices for your stay
Wyndham
C$107
Join Wyndham Rewards Free
C$107
Breakfast included
Trip.com
Breakfast included
Colleen S

Just be mindful of your expectations - it's very run down

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 21, 2024
I've stayed at this hotel before - and knew what I was in for. The hotel is run down, the cleanliness isn't top notch. But for $80 I wasn't too concerned. Previously we used the pool and it was fun - but the amazing slide wasn't in operation. I checked the website this time, and it indicated that the pool had been under construction but was going to be back in order by the time we arrived. Wrong. We arrived to find that the pool was drained (10 days after the website indicated it would be finished). How deeplyl irresponsible of the hotel not to have updated their website. The pool table / air hockey table were so worn out and run down. The air hockey barely worked - and for $2 a play - this isn't ok. The hotel staff tried their best, but honestly - what can they do about a run down, non-operational hotel - it's not on them. The breakfast was ok - waffles, eggs, yogurt and packaged muffins. The location of this property is amazing - and the potential is fabulous - but this hotel is being neglected into the ground. I hope someone else buys it and restores it to what it can be. But for now - beware.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Be aware that the slide isn't usually in operation.
Trip type: Travelled with family
    4.4 km from Ramada by Wyndham Belleville Harbourview Conference Centre
    Vio.com
      12.4 km from Ramada by Wyndham Belleville Harbourview Conference Centre
      View more hotels in Belleville
      See what travellers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed March 7, 2024

Here on business, and have never stayed in Belleville. On arrival, the front desk agent was extremely professional and polite (I must say all the staff I've encountered are a delight). However, I was then harassed by a man in the lobby (not a guest, as far as I could tell). He was asking me for a ride, asking me personal questions, and wouldn't leave me alone. This continued every time I came through the lobby as I was bringing my belongings in. He then harassed myself and another guest, and at that point, I figured it was best to head out for a while, despite the late hour and I left the hotel and went to the casino. When I returned, the man was gone, but I did not feel safe.

I agree with other reviews that the photos online are a little misleading. It's clearly a very old building, and its age is showing - the walls are paper thin it would seem, and one can hear almost everything. There seems to be mould on the shower head, and the shower itself is not very nice and lacks good water pressure. The indoor pool is closed, despite their website stating it would only be closed until March 3rd. The view of the harbour from my room is quite nice, and the sun is lovely.

I'm staying on the third floor and when the elevator opened, I thought it was the wrong floor. They are re-tiling, so there is an unfinished floor and drop cloths all over.

Breakfast is nothing fancy, but there is very little selection beyond eggs (either hard-boiled or plain omelette style), cereal and bagels. The butter didn't spread evenly on a freshly toasted bagel, but the coffee is really quite good!

All in all, the extreme lack of feeling safe in this hotel, and the lack of amenities as per the photos online were a shock and I feel duped.

I would find other accomodations elsewhere if I were you. This is very much not worth the price they charge.

Date of stay: March 2024
      • Trip type: Travelled solo
      Reviewed February 3, 2024

Stay here for business one night hotel was clean room was comfortable. Breakfast was nice in the morning. Centrally, located by the bridge, made it convenient for us to get to clients as well. As placeis to eat

• Trip type: Travelled on business
      Reviewed January 29, 2024

A family group booked three rooms to attend an event. The location was excellent but the hotel was very disappointing. Room itself was fine but the amenities were very shabby. Indoor pool waterslide has been out of service for an extended time., billiards table in games room was in terrible condition, and included breakfast was frankly underwhelming. I would not recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
      Reviewed January 25, 2024

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament. Initially took a little bit to check in. Went to the room and it was dirty when walking in. Upon further looks around more areas were filthy

Reviewed January 22, 2024

Hotel advertised slides by the pool. I booked the hotel specifically for that purpose for the kids and when arriving come to find out it doesn't work. No attention to show any concern or to rectify situation by staff. Hotel also dirty, stained bed sheets, bath towels. Pool area not cleaned at all.