Review Highlights
Nifty guided tour single room cave

This single room cave was very neat to wander around. It's a guided tour (though there is no way... read more

Reviewed March 21, 2023
gingerpirate
Kingston, Canada
via mobile
Great place to tour. Very knowledgeable tour guides.

Great spot to stop. The tour guide was very knowledgable. The cave was much larger than I had... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2022
Brooksje
Lambton Shores, Canada
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

I took my two girls (2 & 5) and my Aunt visiting from Ireland to see the caves. We took the tour and it was great, we all had a wonderful time. The family that owns this have made a great effort to make it well worth the trip. The tour guide was well informed and was very patient with the children. The caves were really cool - literally and figuatively (bring a jacket its cold in there); the bathrooms provided were nice and clean and they have picnic tables scattered around if you feel like bringing a lunch or a snack to have while there. We had a wonderful time, I recommend it.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Three of us visited the Tyendinaga Cavern and Caves and we had a great time. It was a very informative experience, our tour guide was very knowledgeable and fun. I would recommend all families to take the time to visit if you're in the area.

They also give you a neat souvenir at the end too :)

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Its a laid back tour (definitely opt for the tour so you know what you are looking at)but ideal for those with a love of learning and an interest in the natural world. There were some young kids in our group around 7 that loved it as well as an older couple in their 70s. The paved floors and added stairs make it very accessible.

A great way to spend a hot afternoon because it is nice and cool inside the cavern.

Reviewed August 9, 2016

I took three grandchildren to see these. The guide was very patient and answered many questions. I had hoped we could see more of the caves but some of them are unsafe to enter. We were glad he showed us pictures. The kids seemed to enjoy it and learned a lot about this area's geography etc. Not terribly exciting but we found it worthwhile. I was surprised that an hour had passed by the time we came out. I always love seeing local features and learning about them so enjoyed it. Disappointed that someone(s) had vandalized by setting the field on fire. Charlotte was a little scary!

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

First let's say it was definitely an interesting and unique experience -our tour guide was fantastic and patient and answered our questions knowledgeably. Full credit to the owners for making something accessible and safe for most patrons- there are stairs and railings and it's lit inside note ( not wheelchair accessible though) no ramps so if you can't do stairs easily it may not be for you
Plan on paying cash -no interact no credit cards -there is a sliding pay scale for admission 12.00 for adults and our 4 year was 5.00 -seniors get a break I believe -
We picnicked there but there is literally nothing else to do once you've experienced the caverns and tour and you're at least 15 mins from town
The staff were friendly parking was ample and the grounds were well kept and the washrooms were clean
The kids got a free small piece of a fossil which was a nice touch but otherwise no souvenirs to be had
Would definitely recommend it
As always try things for yourself and you decide