Review Highlights
Nifty guided tour single room cave

This single room cave was very neat to wander around. It's a guided tour (though there is no way... read more

Reviewed March 21, 2023
gingerpirate
Kingston, Canada
via mobile
Great place to tour. Very knowledgeable tour guides.

Great spot to stop. The tour guide was very knowledgable. The cave was much larger than I had... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2022
Brooksje
Lambton Shores, Canada
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Today my 6 yr old grandson King and I (yes the King and I) visited the caverns and were both very happy with the experience. Some may walk into or away from this attraction expecting more, last year my wife and I were in "young" caverns in Ireland and while they were larger and had more developed and larger features this cavern being smaller I feel put one in touch more with the Canadian experience of history. As a "discovered" land we are barely over 500 years old and as such so is our social/political history and our appreciation and discovery of this lands natural beauty. For the $20 we paid today I feel we got a very good value and experience. I feel some ashamed that living only 30 minutes from this site I have never seen it before. Go, learn and enjoy. Although not the grandeur expected by those whom have visited larger caverns I highly recommend this as a great starter for anyone passing through the Belleville to Kingston area. Maybe even a "cool" (the cavern requires a jacket even on a hot day) place for a small wedding as there is a park attached.

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Nice little informative tour. Well run and safe for pretty much everyone. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

To realize that one man transformed this property into a tourist attraction is OUTSTANDING!

Pretty sure I have never/will never be dedicated to a project like that in my life?

Thank you for putting this together and doing a great job of sustaining history.

The tour guides are great, you guys have everything organized perfectly and I wish you lots of success!

Definitely worth the drive and cost of admission!

Reviewed August 16, 2017

These caves were worth the visit. There is 1 tour available and its roughly 40 minutes or so and includes an above and below ground tour of the site. The site is pretty large and the tours happen frequently (approximately begin every 20 minutes or so). There are original fossils on site and the tour guide explains some to the group. There is also an original entrance and a 2nd cave that the tour discusses. The tour guide was extremely friendly and knowledgeable and we felt very welcomed and engaged. She allowed for allot of picture taking too which was extremely nice. We also met the owner (this was the July long weekend) and he was extremely friendly and what a modern day real life explorer he was! Once we got into the cave we were immediately impressed. he had done so much work to it and installed modern lights and stair cases and railings for safety. There is no climbing in this cave or touching to preserve the walls but its set up allows for maximum exploration anyhow so does not require any of that anyway. It was nice and cold down there as the day above ground was hott. If you tend to get cold easily bring a sweater. Also runners are important. The ground is a bit moist and slippery in some spots so runners are needed. This is a mild to moderate cave so most can do it and it is inexpensive to take a tour and explore. Very well worth it and at the end take a walk up the hill and explore the view. Stunning! This is a must see for sure and fun for family too!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I live close by and saw the signs for years and decided today was the day! The tour was excellent with a lot of interesting and educational content. The property it's self was beautiful and exceptionally well maintained! Pleasantly surprised and would go back in a heart beat.

1  Thank stephanie t