“Wonderful Food!”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Went here with my fiancé and another couple. The service was wonderful, the food was delicious and absolutely loved the creme brûlée! Most entrees around the $20 mark, but well worth the price you pay. The atmosphere is also nice. Decent selection of wines and beers. Will be going back here again soon!

1  Thank Ashley S

Reviewed January 2, 2017

Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food, excellent service, wide selection of wine and beer. Venison, roast duck, and gnocchi were all mouth watering. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

I love so many Quinte and Toronto restaurants. We are so fortunate to have these teams of businesses that take such pride in the food they serve, the experience that they create and the service they provide. I really need to say this though...the absolute BEST grilled, pan-seared, roasted salmon award IMHO, goes to Chef Stephane Schmitt of Caper's. That covers Kingston/Quinte to past Cambridge Ontario too! Do you know how much cooked salmon a picky 78 year old and "40-ish" year old have had in their lifetimes? A LOT! There's perfectly cooked salmon and then there's Chef Stephane's. The exterior was slightly but perfectly crispy...you know when it is, when with each crunch, a tiny bit of salmon oil pops. The flesh was perfectly medium...so moist, flaked in chunks and glistened. It was seasoned so perfectly. The way he cuts the salmon counts too. It's a block. A BLOCK FROM HEAVEN! That block was on a bed of the lightest ricotta gnocchi you will ever have. It was incredible. Thanks Chef Stephane and Caper's team! Despite being busy with a couple of huge Christmas parties in their beautiful conference rooms and having a full house, they pulled off a perfect four course dinner for my mom and I. What started out as a stressful hectic day for us, our experience at Caper's made it all worth it. I confessed to Stephane and our lovely server, Kristyn, that had there not been people surrounding us, I would have ordered another foie gras terrine! The mussels were so fresh and plump and the pernod and garlic broth with croutons made us both moan. The seasonal creme brulee...Well put it this way...My mom hogged it all. It wasn't overly sweet but luxe to the max! This season it's made with fresh ginger. Dieting at home for the next four days.

1  Thank Food_and_this_Girl
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

Best meal I ever had. The chef and his team were awesome, fresh food , passionate people . Will definitely ly come back

Reviewed September 20, 2016

the first time we were here the food was fantastic and so was the service, this last trip we took our son with us.he and my wife had a sandwich that said bacon on the menu but when my wife ask to have crispy bacon we were told it was lardon. she had here sandwich without my son with the lardon we were expecting the cheese tea biscuit that we had enjoyed the first time, but they did not appear. when asked we were told the chef was busy doing something else. The pesto on my wife and sons sandwiches was overpowering and they did not finish. the only good part was the hostess was good enough to remove them from the bill. So ask if the chef is doing other things.

3  Thank Bill J