“This is my home when Im Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Marigold Hotel

The Marigold Hotel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“This is my home when Im Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Very quiet, peaceful and staff very responsive to any requests I make. Beds are heaven to sleep on and very clean.

Room Tip: Easy access from Airport
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank LadyLady2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I was extremely disappointed with Howard Johnson after my recent stay at this location in Brampton. The service was absolutely horrible, our room was only cleaned once in 9 nights (for an extended stay they supposed to clean once every 3 days) the sheets and towels were only changed once in 9 nights, and there was no coffee or tea, or cups left in the room. We had to go down to breakfast area to get cups, and buy our own coffee and tea. The only two options for breakfast you have are cereal and waffles (make yourself, waffle maker provided) As I have high cholesterol I had to stay away from waffles, and cereal was my only option, however, there was no milk to go with the cereal on two mornings. The elevator area on the 6th floor, where we were staying, smelled like urine…I’m not kidding… The TV was not working property, the picture was very bad quality and all fuzzy, we watched movies on the lap top instead. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TOcupcake
HowardJohnson14820GM, General Manager at The Marigold Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Dear ToCupCake,

Thank you for choosing the Howard Johnson for your recent visit to Brampton.

First, let me apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a quest of our hotel. Second, I would like to address the concerns that you expressed. Upon further research, we discovered that a chemical spill left a strong scent on 3 of our floors.

Also, I am happy to inform you that we have scheduled an installation of brand new carpet on those floors. At the Howard Johnson Brampton, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness.

I have also addressed the breakfast and housekeeping issues with both my Housekeeping Manager and breakfast attendant to ensure they are more vigilant with our inventory. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards.

Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the future, please don't hesitate to call. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Kind Regards,

Management
Mississauga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

I travel a lot and stay in 4 and 5 star hotels
on business.
A few months back my usual spot in Brampton
was booked solid on a busy weekend and I had to book several
rooms at the Howard Johnson at the last minute.
I was actually surprised by the service I got and
the room was large and very clean. The room
size is no different than most 4 star hotels
and the carpet and furnishings were in great condition.
The major difference was that the lobby was smaller than
the elaborate style lobbies in 5 stars that I'm used to but it
was still cozy and comfortable.
Hojo is a family style hotel chain but things went fine
for me there. No issues at all.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
15 Thank TheBeavCrew
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

It is with great pleasure we are taking this time to write this review. I believe that after all the negative comments that we've often forewarded, it is time, having recieved such good sevice and lived in such great conditions in our hotels rooms for that weekend, that we write a possitive note.

First of all, our expectations were on the low side. We believed that the best of the best hotels can only be found in the attraction areas in town. This little gem has the service and customer care as any 4 or 5 star hotel that we have stayed at in North America.

I am a retired Caterer and have been and continue to be in the hospitality/entertainment industry as a Audio Video Tech., for live shows and also work as a MC/DJ for special events. My family, associates and I do have a nose for quality service after working and travelling together for past 19 yrs.

From the front desk to the bathrooms, reception to the skylight banquet room, it is obvious that every area was cared for and the staff were always there to help.

To the management and team..... BRAVO!!! Please continue the good work!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
13 Thank UncleC63
BOBBT, Public Relations Manager at The Marigold Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
Thank you much for your kind words. Major upgrades have been
made on the Queen Street corridor and we feel that finally the
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites is in the right place at the right time.
We are very happy to hear that all went well for your family function
and Hotel visit. All the best.

PR Dept
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

we went to Brampton to visit some friends and
stayed at the Howard Johnson. Our room was large and
the carpet smelled like it was brand new. We were traveling with
our 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son and the whole family
was happy with the hotel and the people we met there.
The breakfast that was included was a great bonus.
Overall it was a good experience and economically priced.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank LSmarda
Midland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

I checked in to the Howard Johnson last week on a business trip and just want to report that the room had everything I needed at an honest value. Last time I stayed there the street area was under construction and I was pleased to see that work is finished and they have really upgraded that part of Brampton. The hotel staff was very nice as always. They ran out of coffee in the morning and a staff member took care of it right away for me.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
12 Thank Jeff_T11
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

Several weeks ago my family attended my cousins wedding at the Howard Johnson Brampton. My husband, daughter, and myself all loved our 2 night stay at the hotel and we were blown away by the banquet facility there called "the Skylight Room".

We found all the front desk staff and banquet staff to be very friendly and helpful. In fact, most of them went the extra mile.

Some of the highlights of the visit were the fresh "do it yourself" giant waffles for breakfast, the beautiful solarium in the banquet hall, and lovely chair covers and decor in
the hall. Our hotel rooms were spacious and very clean.

We recommend this hotel to anyone who is having a wedding or just needs a very nice economical place to stay. I was very impressed and will be staying there the next time
I am in Brampton.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank CB_Tremblay
Howardjbrampton, Public Relations Manager at The Marigold Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
Thank you so much for this post. This hotel has been under
new management for the past year and there are many
new features here.
We recently added the hot waffle station to make it
a truly deluxe continental breakfast (at no charge) and we're glad
you took note. Looking forward to seeing you again at
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Brampton.

PR department