“Brampton’s Best”

Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Brampton
Description: 2017 Readers' Choice WINNER for Best Italian Cuisine & Best Pasta. We offer freshly made dishes, pasta, pizza and much more. Open 7 days a week. Private dining room available. Fully licensed bar. Extensive wine list. A warm & friendly welcome awaits you. Please visit our website for the current up to date menus available
Reviewed May 20, 2018

We had a wonderful dining experience as a family. The food was amazing and loved every bite. We had calamari and mussels for appetizers and even those in our party who don’t usually eat seafood couldn’t get enough. The braised beef pasta dish was unctuous and so perfectly seasoned. We decided in the end to go with a dessert platter because at that point we just wanted to try everything and were more than satisfied with the chef’s selection of everything that was put before us! Chef Saverio is innovative and his attention to detail is second to none.

The staff was friendly and attentive and the owner also came by to see how we were doing providing excellent customer service and a welcoming atmosphere. This place has top quality dishes and service with reasonable prices.

We live out of town but will be sure to make a stop here any chance we get!
Thank you to all at Fanzerellis for making it a memorable evening!

1  Thank Jermaine L

Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

couldn't have picked a better spot! excelled all expectations and can't wait to return for date night! chef savario thanks for everything! our sons first pizza, bar has been set...

1  Thank James B
Reviewed May 6, 2018

My family traveled to St. Catharines for my in-laws' Anniversary celebration and we picked this restaurant. Was surprised to see that no children's menu was offered. When I asked, the response was, "Well we have make your own Pizza or Pasta." Make your own Pizza was $17 and Make your own pasta wasn't on the menu, but let's assume a similar price as the price of most of the entrees were between $17-$22.

Starter was the Focaccia with choice of spreads. We went with Olive tapenade and bruschetta. We got 2 Olive Tapenades. No problem there. They fixed it without issue. Focaccia was freshly baked and warm. I am told the spreads were good. I didn't partake. The bread that they provided for the table was nice and fresh and was brushed with a garlic/oil mix that was reminiscent of Olive Garden Bread.

I had the Chicken Parm. Decent portion size and tasty chicken. The sauce (tomato) was very nice. Had that good acidity that I, personally, search for in a red sauce. My wife had the feature Carne, which was a prosciutto wrapped chicken in a sauce that I am not recalling at the moment. She said it was good, but heavy on the pepper and there was a lot of acid in her Veggie Mix (Lemon). I couldn't say for sure, but it looked like the pizza was just an unsliced focaccia with the toppings. And clearly done in the same oven at the same temperature as the cheese was melted but not cooked as you would see in a pizza oven and there was no crispiness to the pepperoni. The kids liked it, though, which is all that matters. All in all, we enjoyed the food.

Prices were alright. Really everything fell in to a similar price point, so there was really no specifically cheap or expensive dish on the menu.

Reviewed May 4, 2018

Called Fanzorelli's at the last minute: could they handle a family of 11 for dinner? No problem, we were told.
It was our late Mother's 86th birthday and we had 8 adults and 3 children. We requested the "Theatre Room". The whole dinner was handled by Nadia. Drinks arrived on a timely basis. Nadia suggested bruschetta and focaccia bread which was a hit with everyone.
The kids enjoyed their pizza very much.
Mains came out in a timely manner and were hot and delicious. Excellent presentation.
Nadia was very attentive on refills, add-ons, bread, etc.etc.
She very successfully upsold desserts, coffees, and liqueurs.
Not a single mistake was made!
My brothers and I were paying and I asked Nadia to split the bill three ways on three different credit cards - no problem!
I am deducting a single star for the uneven table tops and the absence of tablecloths.
The whole family enjoyed the dinner and we lingered for a time over coffee and wine reminiscing about Mom without being rushed. Most appreciated.
Thank you Fanzorelli's!

1  Thank TravelerViscount
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

We had a pretty good dinner here at a reasonable price. We got the lobster pasta and mussels in spicy tomato and wine sauce; the mussels were fantastic. The service was pretty good, but the waiter should have come over earlier and more often. Otherwise, it’s a good size restaurant and we were able to walk right in at 7pm.m on a Saturday night and get a table for 5.
We’ll go back.