“Wonderful Food”

Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Brampton
Description: 2017 Readers' Choice WINNER for Best Italian Cuisine & Best Pasta. We offer freshly made dishes, pasta, pizza and much more. Open 7 days a week. Private dining room available. Fully licensed bar. Extensive wine list. A warm & friendly welcome awaits you. Please visit our website for the current up to date menus available
Reviewed May 27, 2018

We attended this restaurant with dear friends late last summer. The maître d’ was terrific. He came to our table and introduced himself to each of us. Before we even ordered he advised us that he was extremely busy that evening but if we were willing to be patient, he would personally guarantee that we would enjoy our meal. Since whenever we go out with these particular friends we usually close the restaurant, we were in no hurry. The wait was well worth it. Our waitress was also very friendly and interesting to talk to. Loved our evening

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank sienna27

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We celebrated my daughters confirmation and it was a wonderful experience. Sabena and Charlie were wonderful and very accommodating with our menue options and set up of the sweat table. Menu’s were printed out to coordinate with our colour theme... a very thoughtful gesture. The food was fantastic. Very fresh and delicious. It was a great space for my party of 25. I highly recommend this restaurant for dinner and special functions. Special thanks to the chef who never disappoints us with his fabulous Italian cuisine.

1  Thank Tammy D
Reviewed May 20, 2018

We had a wonderful dining experience as a family. The food was amazing and loved every bite. We had calamari and mussels for appetizers and even those in our party who don’t usually eat seafood couldn’t get enough. The braised beef pasta dish was unctuous and so perfectly seasoned. We decided in the end to go with a dessert platter because at that point we just wanted to try everything and were more than satisfied with the chef’s selection of everything that was put before us! Chef Saverio is innovative and his attention to detail is second to none.

The staff was friendly and attentive and the owner also came by to see how we were doing providing excellent customer service and a welcoming atmosphere. This place has top quality dishes and service with reasonable prices.

We live out of town but will be sure to make a stop here any chance we get!
Thank you to all at Fanzerellis for making it a memorable evening!

1  Thank Jermaine L
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

couldn't have picked a better spot! excelled all expectations and can't wait to return for date night! chef savario thanks for everything! our sons first pizza, bar has been set...

1  Thank James B
Reviewed May 6, 2018

My family traveled to St. Catharines for my in-laws' Anniversary celebration and we picked this restaurant. Was surprised to see that no children's menu was offered. When I asked, the response was, "Well we have make your own Pizza or Pasta." Make your own Pizza was $17 and Make your own pasta wasn't on the menu, but let's assume a similar price as the price of most of the entrees were between $17-$22.

Starter was the Focaccia with choice of spreads. We went with Olive tapenade and bruschetta. We got 2 Olive Tapenades. No problem there. They fixed it without issue. Focaccia was freshly baked and warm. I am told the spreads were good. I didn't partake. The bread that they provided for the table was nice and fresh and was brushed with a garlic/oil mix that was reminiscent of Olive Garden Bread.

I had the Chicken Parm. Decent portion size and tasty chicken. The sauce (tomato) was very nice. Had that good acidity that I, personally, search for in a red sauce. My wife had the feature Carne, which was a prosciutto wrapped chicken in a sauce that I am not recalling at the moment. She said it was good, but heavy on the pepper and there was a lot of acid in her Veggie Mix (Lemon). I couldn't say for sure, but it looked like the pizza was just an unsliced focaccia with the toppings. And clearly done in the same oven at the same temperature as the cheese was melted but not cooked as you would see in a pizza oven and there was no crispiness to the pepperoni. The kids liked it, though, which is all that matters. All in all, we enjoyed the food.

Prices were alright. Really everything fell in to a similar price point, so there was really no specifically cheap or expensive dish on the menu.