“Groupon, give it a try”
Review of Louisiana

Louisiana
Ranked #316 of 840 Restaurants in Brampton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Drove past this place a thousand times. Finally found the 5ime to give it a try.
Food was nice and flavourful. I had the jambalaya. Not too spicy.
Calamari appetizer way okay. Not greasy or too spiced.
The cheesecake desert is quite nice. I suggest the brownie cheesecake.

Service was nice and friendly, just a little slow.

Staff was friendly.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Tropical_Traveller99

Reviewed December 2, 2017

We bought a Groupon Deal, food was delicious as always, # 1 place for jambalya!
Service was ok, our server disappeared after the main meal was served for a long time, then she forgot to bring the tea and coffee. I had to ask another server where she went. When we got the bill, they added a "Groupon Sales Tax" on top of the bill. When I asked her about it, she said thats what they do and could not explain why. I will not go back, really too bad as the food is great, I just don't like the thought of being ripped off.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

We came with a Groupon, which was disappointing, as there is a select (read minimal) menu. Many really nice looking dishes went past, but we were told that the food we saw was on the regular menu. The rice was VERY disappointing and was too much like Uncle Ben’s. The jambalaya was good, but avoid the rice with any of the fish dishes. Also, as this is a restaurant, I was disappointed with the fact that I could see 7 TVs. Forget the scourge of devices! TVs are taking over the world.

As a side, there were only 2 waitresses in our busy section, so we ran out of water, our appetizers were barely finished when our mains came out, and then we waited for coffee. Not good.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Service was fine. but l found the food very average. When l eat out l expected exceptional food for fine dining, even if it is low range fine dining.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 1, 2017

For my birthday dinner we choose Luisiana restaurant. We knew that has a fresh oysters and on few previous occasions we had enjoyed them. As for other food items and service - those two are going downhill with each of ours visits. unfortunately!!!
Previous visit, also for my friend birthday ( big.....0) was dissatisfied as both of our food orders were contained way to much seasoning that completely ruined the dishes.
We spoke to manager about, he offered us something else instead but the way it was done it left us feel disappointed . We didn't even want to have a birthday cake.
It was very disappointing, but we summarized this visit as " unfortunately things like that happen sometimes" and we move on. Birthday celebration was taking at different place.
It was hard to forget , as previous visits made us like this place.
Few months later it was a time to celebrate my birthday as we were in the neighbourhood our decision was to give Luisiana a chance to "wow" us.
And yes , oh yes what WOW! it was:
no one was to be seen to seat us, so we took liberty and find place ourselves.
Starters were served in rush. plates were kinda thrown on the table.
Vicki, ours all time server was never to be seen, when she was: we heard:" it's busy"
(by the way it was only 4-5 tables occupied at most and we saw 2 other waitresses serving others).
Main course arrived after long wait and only just slightly worm.
Even stating by my friend about special for us reasons for this dinner- no effort was seen to improve :(

SORRY LUISIANA: YOU JUST LOST A COUPLE GOOD CUSTOMERS.

p.s
ALSO : bill with out cover with dew candies was thrown from waitress hand on the table with"this is for you!" words. Not the nicest way to present customers with bill :(

when I said: please round up bill - it doesn't mean collect all maney that you receive.
Tip is up to customer for a good service not for waiter to decide.
I waited long enough to clarify my concerns but again no one was to be seen,so I left discussed and disappointed. Happy birthday to me!

Date of visit: August 2017