“Good burgers ”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown Brampton
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

If you want a good burger and fries with gravy this is your place. Good grub - reasonable price.
Only reason why not 5 stars - cash only!! No debit.

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Over many years we have enjoyed a delicious Sonny's burger, fries, onion rings or shakes. This little drive in is a staple location, a Brampton landmark if you will.
Head in, it's worth it.

Bring cash, no debit or credit but they're is an ATM inside.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

Sonny's has been around since 1964 and shows its age. The only other Sonny's that I have seen is in Waterloo. Apparently, that location opened in 1965.

Today for lunch, I had their $8.50 Tuesday special composed of a freshly made burger, fries and a soft drink. It was not good value. The freshly made large burger was certainly better than that served at Burger King and McD's; however it was not as good as the burgers served at Union Burger. I have not been at The Works for a while, but I remember that their burgers were also much better than Sonny's. The available toppings at Sonny's are very similar to the toppings available from Harvey's.

The fries, on the other hand were inferior to the fries served at the major chains. They were freshly made, as an employee was noisily cutting potatoes in the background. Unfortunately, a couple of hours later I was still dealing with the after taste of them in my mouth. I suspect that I should have taken up on their offer to smother the fries in gravy.

I wanted to give them a higher rating, but am unable to do so.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

A reputation that was earned some time ago. Not so sure about it today. I had a few minutes to drop by and try their burger - which was supposed to be the best in town. Well, it was a good size, and the bun was fresh ... but as to the best tasting, not so much. I found it to be rather ordinary - and the taste was carried by the mustard, relish and pickles. Not the best way to get me to come back.

1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed September 13, 2017

This place has always been here, as long as I can remember (I grew up in Brampton). I finally decided to try it out ...there must be some reason they've been in business so long. One taste of their burger and fries, I knew right away. The food is great and tasty, very traditional, no fancy sauces or anything, just perfect. Reminded me of Webers. They take only cash (maybe debit too). I found it a tad pricey for burgers, but worth every penny! (Tables outside only).