“Dinner”
Review of Jakes Boathouse

Jakes Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jakes Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 867 Restaurants in Brampton
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rutherford & Steeles
Description: A Brampton landmark since 1979. Famous for good food (Fall-Off-The-Bone Ribs, Hand crafted burgers, fresh fish, great wings and other appetizers), and neighbourhood style service. Mature bar crowd on weekends enjoys the best live music in the GTA.
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Late day at work, needed a decent meal, we stopped here and was very pleased with the homey decor, service and of course the food. Went back again for night #2. Fish and chips are good and chase it with a pint. Second night had some chicken thai bowl, would pass on that, not a wow. Band played and they were really good.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Jake's Boathouse is a fun place to go for lunch or dinner. Had nice sit down bar area and lots of tables for eating, Food is good and staff are friendly.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018

Visited one evening after work while staying at the nearby Courtyard. The place definitely isn't anything fancy but it's charming and welcoming. Service was friendly and the portions were huge. The Bacon Mac and Cheese in particular was delicious. God place for casual dining if you're looking for comfort food.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018

Went in on a Tuesday afternoon for a quick meeting with two others.
The owner stopped by for a chat while I was waiting for the other two. We had a booth in a quiet corner. Our quick meeting turned into 1 hour 40 minutes but even though we only ordered one drink each we were not hassled. They did know I was staying for dinner after. And they have Stella on tap which I always enjoy. Service was very quick and very pleasant. We were served by Stephen.

I had looked at the menu so when the meeting was over I ordered the ½ rack of ribs with fries with a glass of cabernet. They have a reputation for ribs from the Rotary Rib Fest and these were what I expected. And the fries were served hot which is unfortunately rare in many restaurants. I had another meeting so was pleased they were in front of me in about 15 minutes.

Jakes is definitely a Brampton Institution. My brother-in-law was almost a fixture there when he was alive and I met my wife in the previous location 34 years ago. I have not been disappointed, either in the restaurant or my wife.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Chopstick105
Reviewed February 10, 2018

Very good food. The Fish and Chips are awesome and so are their sandwiches. They also do a mean Mac and Cheese

Date of visit: December 2017