Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
Travelocity
US$143
US$115
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanhot tub and saunaboston pizzafront desk staffbit datedbreakfast buffetmain floorhockey tournamentbusiness tripatriumallorohighwayteamsgymqewonsitemaintenance
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

I have to admit I usually stay in Toronto, but they were full, so I stayed here as my colleague lives locally, the hotel to be honest is a little tired and could do with a good update, but the staff are very nice, and the breakfast is very good, so my stay was very acceptable, and I will not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2016

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel in September 2016, it was the worst hotel experience I've every had. We had one roll of toilet paper for two women, two towels for the whole stay, dirty sheets on the pull out couch and to top it off when I pulled back the bed sheets there was blood on them. When I called the manager and then later Head Office I was given "reward points". I then tried to redeem these "reward points" for another stay at a different Holiday Inn and was told I was unable to use them as there are too many rules to using the rewards points. So basically the "rewards points" are garbage, with an expiry date. I will be sure to let everyone I know that the Head Office customer service isn't worth their time to contact as it was a waste of my time. I will also not be staying at any other Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Take the outer rooms not facing the middle activity room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

Dear ryans0236,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean, and superior accommodations. However, it is disappointing to know about the condition of the sheets and the level of assistance received may have caused you. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointments these may have caused you. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I value you as one of our IHG Rewards Club members and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Great staff hotel is a bit dated however the service was wonderful. The restaurant has a breakfast buffet by most standards it is okay but a bit pricey. The supper menu is doeable and I was there on business so I had to stick close to the hotel for the 4 days so I was after convenience rather than upscale. Hence it suited my needs.

Room Tip: I prefer lobby level rooms wherever I stay.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2016

Attended this hotel with a hockey team, and it was the typical hotel that is starting to look tired. Mind you, the location is great, the hotel layout was fine, but it could have been cleaner and fresher, especially after we paid a premium for the room. The beds were awful, like sleeping on newspapers. I am sure that there is better value out there.

Room Tip: outside access was a benefit
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2016

Dear billy b,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you found our location to be great. However, we would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations regarding our hotel condition specifically our beds and rooms. Your feedback is troubling and will surely be looked into. Rest assured it will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We value you as our guest and hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a much better experience.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 14, 2016

I booked this hotel because the hotel my work usually stays at was booked solid. The front desk staff wasn't friendly when I was checking in and this hotel is one where there are outer rooms and then inner rooms (w/ no windows) that have a sliding glass door to a walk way that overlook a general common area. After being cooped up in a conference room all day it would have been nice to have a window! When I went to ask staff a question the second woman I talked to was very friendly and helpful (maybe the original person wasn't usually at the desk??)It is a quiet hotel. Either way, I would have rated this hotel Average on a regular day but the price was outrageous!! I cancelled my last night and moved to a hotel across the street (Best Western) got a WAY better room (a suite!) for $60/night CAD cheaper. If you are in Burlington stay at the Waterfront or Best Western great experiences at both!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
BurlingtonManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

Dear mk032689

We are very disappointed to read that you were not happy with your stay. We are sorry that your room did not have an outside window as all of our outside facing rooms have a window that opens and yes the inside rooms, facing our Atrium, have a sliding door to the Atrium area. We appreciate getting your feedback and wished that you spoke to us before your departure so that we may have been able to correct the issues you had as well improve our service at the front desk and inform the staff of your poor service. It is extremely important to us to get our guests feedback prior to them checking out so that we may have the opportunity to make things better before they leave. We understand that we may not be your first choice nut we do hope that you will try us again and please let us know during your stay, what ee can do to make your stay better. Thank you