“Not one of the best Holiday Inns...”

Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Not one of the best Holiday Inns...”
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I am a big fan of Holiday Inn hotels and have used them in many locations; always found them good value and well-run businesses. Sadly this hotel was not quite such a high standard. On the plus side the hotel is conveniently located by the QEW, staff gave a warm welcome, there is plenty of free parking and we found the nearby Burlington Mall very useful. Our room 332 was large and well appointed with desk, extra armchair, fridge and microwave etc. Unfortunately, as others have commented, the room was a bit tired. I was concerned about the bed linen, had it been properly laundered, or was it just worn out? The rest of the room had not been thoroughly cleaned, as another reviewer put it, the room was not "fresh". Sorry to sound so critical, but this hotel needs to take lessons from some of the other Holiday Inns that I have stayed in: Burnley, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh for example.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked car park and was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2016, travelled as a couple
BurlingtonManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 3 November 2016
Dear NowlookatmeBanburys

Thank you for review regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the location and that the staff gave you a warm welcome however sorry to hear that you felt the hotel is a bit tired and that the room was not "fresh". We have brought your concerns to our Executive Housekeeper's attention for her to review with her staff. Thank you for letting us know and we certainly hope to improve our rooms so they have a "fresh" look.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Kirton in Lindsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I have to admit I usually stay in Toronto, but they were full, so I stayed here as my colleague lives locally, the hotel to be honest is a little tired and could do with a good update, but the staff are very nice, and the breakfast is very good, so my stay was very acceptable, and I will not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed October 2016, travelled on business
London, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel in September 2016, it was the worst hotel experience I've every had. We had one roll of toilet paper for two women, two towels for the whole stay, dirty sheets on the pull out couch and to top it off when I pulled back the bed sheets there was blood on them. When I called the manager and then later Head Office I was given "reward points". I then tried to redeem these "reward points" for another stay at a different Holiday Inn and was told I was unable to use them as there are too many rules to using the rewards points. So basically the "rewards points" are garbage, with an expiry date. I will be sure to let everyone I know that the Head Office customer service isn't worth their time to contact as it was a waste of my time. I will also not be staying at any other Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Take the outer rooms not facing the middle activity room.
  • Stayed September 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 3 November 2016
Dear ryans0236,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean, and superior accommodations. However, it is disappointing to know about the condition of the sheets and the level of assistance received may have caused you. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointments these may have caused you. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I value you as one of our IHG Rewards Club members and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Great staff hotel is a bit dated however the service was wonderful. The restaurant has a breakfast buffet by most standards it is okay but a bit pricey. The supper menu is doeable and I was there on business so I had to stick close to the hotel for the 4 days so I was after convenience rather than upscale. Hence it suited my needs.

Room Tip: I prefer lobby level rooms wherever I stay.
  • Stayed September 2016, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Attended this hotel with a hockey team, and it was the typical hotel that is starting to look tired. Mind you, the location is great, the hotel layout was fine, but it could have been cleaner and fresher, especially after we paid a premium for the room. The beds were awful, like sleeping on newspapers. I am sure that there is better value out there.

Room Tip: outside access was a benefit
  • Stayed September 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 27 October 2016
Dear billy b,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you found our location to be great. However, we would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations regarding our hotel condition specifically our beds and rooms. Your feedback is troubling and will surely be looked into. Rest assured it will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We value you as our guest and hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a much better experience.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService
Woodridge, Illinois
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I booked this hotel because the hotel my work usually stays at was booked solid. The front desk staff wasn't friendly when I was checking in and this hotel is one where there are outer rooms and then inner rooms (w/ no windows) that have a sliding glass door to a walk way that overlook a general common area. After being cooped up in a conference room all day it would have been nice to have a window! When I went to ask staff a question the second woman I talked to was very friendly and helpful (maybe the original person wasn't usually at the desk??)It is a quiet hotel. Either way, I would have rated this hotel Average on a regular day but the price was outrageous!! I cancelled my last night and moved to a hotel across the street (Best Western) got a WAY better room (a suite!) for $60/night CAD cheaper. If you are in Burlington stay at the Waterfront or Best Western great experiences at both!

• Stayed September 2016, travelled on business
BurlingtonManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 20 September 2016
Dear mk032689

We are very disappointed to read that you were not happy with your stay. We are sorry that your room did not have an outside window as all of our outside facing rooms have a window that opens and yes the inside rooms, facing our Atrium, have a sliding door to the Atrium area. We appreciate getting your feedback and wished that you spoke to us before your departure so that we may have been able to correct the issues you had as well improve our service at the front desk and inform the staff of your poor service. It is extremely important to us to get our guests feedback prior to them checking out so that we may have the opportunity to make things better before they leave. We understand that we may not be your first choice nut we do hope that you will try us again and please let us know during your stay, what ee can do to make your stay better. Thank you
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I stayed here one night with my daughter. It was Labor Day weekend, so there were very few rooms available in the area. That is probably why the price was so high, way out of the range I would usually pay. I booked online, and the rooms with a single bed plus a pull-out couch (the least expensive) were not available, so I had to pay extra for a room with two separate beds. When I arrived, I was told that there were no rooms available with two beds, and I would get the room with the pull-out couch. But they charged me the higher price (for the 2 bed room.) I was not pleased. The hotel itself is fine, with a nice pool (totally packed with kids while we were there) and very nice looking fitness center. It is easily accessible and easy to find right off the highway. We ended up eating in the restaurant, which was OK, but nothing I would go out of my way for. Portions were tiny.
There was no complimentary continental breakfast, which was fine with me as there is usually nothing there I can eat anyway. But I did go into the lounge to get a couple of cups of coffee in the morning. Thinking they were complimentary, at least. Nope. $2.00 per cup, and bad coffee at that. Bottom line: I wouldn't stay there again unless the price was 1/2 or less what I paid. Or If I got the price I was quoted online.

Stayed September 2016