“The staff made the hotel, you should stay here”

Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Bunbury, Australia
“The staff made the hotel, you should stay here”
Reviewed 24 November 2016

The hotel is nothing fancy but ticks all of the boxes for facilities. If you are staying in this region you obviously have your reasons and needs and I would assume that they don't require 5 star hotels etc. That being said the service of the staff was 10 stars, the staff were so accommodating that it made me deviate from my regular hotel chain to try another holiday inn hotel for my next stay and I wasn't disappointed there either. It is a basic hotel with extremely accommodating and helpful staff, you cant go wrong for the price and level of the hotel. I also travelled with a 5 year old and the hotel attitude and holiday inn children policy was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2016, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cathcart, ON
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I have stayed at this location a few times for an annual conference and while being a great spot for conferences, the rooms are dated and in much need of updating.

The staff receives a 10 as they bend over backwards to ensure your stay is optimal.

The restaurant wasn't bad, but there are options close by within walking distance.

All in all...........I really like this hotel as it is extremely easy to get to and the vibes are great!

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a room on the east side.
  • Stayed October 2016, travelled on business
BurlingtonManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 3 November 2016
Dear Sparkykate

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your conference and that our hotel and staff are great. We will do our best to improve our rooms however we did update the carpet, vinyl, lighting and pictures in 2012. We understand that updated rooms are what our guests are looking for and so we will try to make improvements where we can. Thank you for your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Angelholm, Sweden
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Not the best location, not the best hotel, but nothing really bad about it. Except for a few decent restaurants in the immediate neigbourhood, there's absolutely nothing to see within walking distance. The hotel itself is dated and kind of boring, but the room was clean and large. Brekfast vouchers only allow continental breakfast, so no warm food. AC and fridge kind of loud, but ok coffee machine.
Well, if you're on a worktrip it works...

• Stayed October 2016, travelled on business
Dear CU_Karin

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the size of your room and the restaurants across the street. Sorry to hear that you felt our hotel was boring and nothing to see. We are located 5 minute walk to the Burlington Mall and a variety of restaurants across the street as well a 10 minute drive to downtown area along the lake. We do hope that you will stay with us again for your next business trip.
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I am a big fan of Holiday Inn hotels and have used them in many locations; always found them good value and well-run businesses. Sadly this hotel was not quite such a high standard. On the plus side the hotel is conveniently located by the QEW, staff gave a warm welcome, there is plenty of free parking and we found the nearby Burlington Mall very useful. Our room 332 was large and well appointed with desk, extra armchair, fridge and microwave etc. Unfortunately, as others have commented, the room was a bit tired. I was concerned about the bed linen, had it been properly laundered, or was it just worn out? The rest of the room had not been thoroughly cleaned, as another reviewer put it, the room was not "fresh". Sorry to sound so critical, but this hotel needs to take lessons from some of the other Holiday Inns that I have stayed in: Burnley, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh for example.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked car park and was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2016, travelled as a couple
Dear NowlookatmeBanburys

Thank you for review regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the location and that the staff gave you a warm welcome however sorry to hear that you felt the hotel is a bit tired and that the room was not "fresh". We have brought your concerns to our Executive Housekeeper's attention for her to review with her staff. Thank you for letting us know and we certainly hope to improve our rooms so they have a "fresh" look.
Kirton in Lindsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I have to admit I usually stay in Toronto, but they were full, so I stayed here as my colleague lives locally, the hotel to be honest is a little tired and could do with a good update, but the staff are very nice, and the breakfast is very good, so my stay was very acceptable, and I will not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed October 2016, travelled on business
London, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel in September 2016, it was the worst hotel experience I've every had. We had one roll of toilet paper for two women, two towels for the whole stay, dirty sheets on the pull out couch and to top it off when I pulled back the bed sheets there was blood on them. When I called the manager and then later Head Office I was given "reward points". I then tried to redeem these "reward points" for another stay at a different Holiday Inn and was told I was unable to use them as there are too many rules to using the rewards points. So basically the "rewards points" are garbage, with an expiry date. I will be sure to let everyone I know that the Head Office customer service isn't worth their time to contact as it was a waste of my time. I will also not be staying at any other Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Take the outer rooms not facing the middle activity room.
  • Stayed September 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 3 November 2016
Dear ryans0236,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean, and superior accommodations. However, it is disappointing to know about the condition of the sheets and the level of assistance received may have caused you. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointments these may have caused you. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I value you as one of our IHG Rewards Club members and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Great staff hotel is a bit dated however the service was wonderful. The restaurant has a breakfast buffet by most standards it is okay but a bit pricey. The supper menu is doeable and I was there on business so I had to stick close to the hotel for the 4 days so I was after convenience rather than upscale. Hence it suited my needs.

Room Tip: I prefer lobby level rooms wherever I stay.
  • Stayed September 2016, travelled on business