“"Nonna's Food is Delicious"”

Nonna's Cucina Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Nonna's Cucina Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 536 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Howard
Description: Nonna's Cucina Ristorante features a menu filled with exceptional pasta, gourmet pizza, incredible seafood, delicious sides and entrees of chicken, beef, and veal. Offering Burlington a source for true Italian hospitality, Nonna's Cucina Ristorante is a great choice for events of all kinds from business lunches and family celebrations to romantic evenings for two. Nonna's can help you make any occasion memorable with fabulous catering and private dining facilities.
Reviewed November 6, 2018

I love it when I try and new restaurant and it turns out to be excellent. Nonna's didn't disappoint. I love eating good Italian Cuisine. The problem is that, as simple as it might seem, creating delicious authentic Italian is not as easy as one might think.

My favourite Italian meal, maybe my favourite period, is a Linguini Pescatore. Lucky for me they have one on their menu. I prefer a an oil based sauce so they were kind enough to create a special sauce for me. It was absolutely delicious.

My wife had their Eggplant Parmigiana. She loved it too.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 14, 2018

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Nonna’s. Not only was the service is great but all the stuff there were extremely warm friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is very lively at some top points we had to speak over the crowd in order to carry on our conversation but we didn’t mind because it just meant everybody was having a wonderful time.

My husband had the Caesar salad to start and I had the breaded eggplant starter which was absolutely fabulous. Our entrées were veal Parmesan for him and I had the pasta carbonara. I had asked if the pancetta could be cooked a little longer to render the fat a little more than normal. Our server made no issue of my request, in fact she was very accommodating and said she would discuss with the chef and it arrived perfectly cooked.

The portions were large my husband actually had two pieces of you on his plate which he couldn’t finish and had to take one of the pieces home. My husband normally finishes everything on his plate but he was definitely fall after the first piece of veal and pasta. He told me it was one of the best feel parmesans he’s ever had. The carbonara was as decadent as it should be and topped with a creamy yellow egg yolk to mix into the pasta. I too had to bring the rest of my meal home as the portions were quite generous.

Everything was seasoned perfectly! The only reason I’m giving a four star rather than five is because we would have preferred grated Parmesan as an offered topping rather than the dried powder granulated Parmesan cheese. Other than that very small detail, we would go back again and certainly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We love it here ! Food is excellent and service is ok - but I think they need more staff - they need busboys and a bartender to support the waitstaff - drinks take a while ...

Still love it here !

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank michelleturan
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

6 of us all ordered different things and it was all marvelous! Even the basic fish and chips I ordered were perfect, even better than expected. Thanks for a great night Brandon (our attentive server), we had a fantastic time!

Sorry no photo we devoured our food too quickly.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018

This Italian restaurant reminds me of the family-owned Italian restaurants on College St. West and in Etobicoke. Honest and tasty food, good ingredients and moderately-priced. The thin-crust pizza had one of the best crusts ever. Warning -- the inferno is aptly named and is very spicy. I had the Manicotti special - very tasty. No "kid's menu", but the sides work well for modest appetites and children. We went there because it was quite convenient to the Royal Botanical Gardens. Service was attentive. The complementary basket of bread and olive oil were very much appreciated since we were very hungry. Note that there is gluten-free pizza and pasta -- which was a pleasant surprise for the gluten-intolerant member of our family.

Date of visit: August 2018