“Worth the wait”

Country Girl Family Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 361 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Reviewed June 24, 2018

This relatively new restaurant has already received awards for best food. They receive very good reviews on line so my wife and I thought we would give them a try. In from Toronto visiting the Antique Shop we dropped in for breakfast at 11:00 am on a rainy Sunday. The line up was out the front door and we waited 25 minutes for a table but it was well worth the wait. Food and service was great. Eggs Benedict perhaps the best my wife has ever had. I received 4 pieces of Peameal bacon, my eggs over easy were perfect and the home fries were very tasty. Tea pot was full and kept the tea very hot for a second cup, coffee was also very good. Rosie was our server kept checking on us to make sure everything was okay. It was well worth the drive to Cambridge and the wait to get in for breakfast. Can't wait to do it again.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

My husband and I saw this restaurant and thought we would give it a try. So glad we did! The food is so good. My husband had the eggs and bacon and I decided to try the breakfast burrito. Both were quite good. The only recommendation I would say for the burrito is to add a little salt. One thing I really liked was that they left the coffee pot on each table in case you want more. The staff was very friendly and prompt. The host was very polite and quick to bring us to our table. Definitely recommend coming here for breakfast. I assume other people like it a lot too, because it was really busy when we were there and a line up to get a table. Even with it so busy, it did not take forever to get our food. :)

Reviewed June 13, 2018

We had breakfast at Country Girl with our son, daughter-in-law and grandsons (ages 5 & 8). What a great experience! We were greeted promptly at the door, seated and given crayons & children's menus on a placemat with activities and pictures to colour to keep the young'uns busy. Drink order was quickly taken and delivered. The waitress made recommendations and asked about desired done-ness of the eggs for the Eggs Benedict and the crispy-ness of the bacon. She was very attentive and friendly as was the owner who spent some time talking with kids and adults. The food was plentiful, hot and tasty. The facility was spick and span clean and nicely decorated. If we lived in the area, Country Girl would be a favourite!

Reviewed May 4, 2018

Not only was the service and all around restaurant itself warm and inviting the food was amazing. My eggs were perfectly cooked and the spicy home fries are a great touch. The only downside to this breakfast was despite making reservations my friend and I had to wait 10-15 minutes before being sat. Will be back soon !

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 27, 2018

I had the Julienne Salad, which had quite a bit ham & turkey, but the salad consisted of only iceberg lettuce - I prefer a mixture. Service was friendly, but a bit slow, as I was part of a somewhat large group.

Date of visit: April 2018