“Nice place to stay at affordable rates”

Comfort Inn Cambridge
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
wauconda, il
“Nice place to stay at affordable rates”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

When we first checked into the room our air conditioning unit was not working. They quickly switched us to another room, that unfortunatley didn't have our room preference, but the air conditioning was more important.

We only stayed one night in the hotel. The bed wasn't very comfortable, but the people working at the desk and at the breakfast area were super friendly and nice.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fredericksburg, Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

This Comfort Inn was a pleasant experience. It was clean, comfortable, had internet, a fridge and microwave, and plenty of grass for our dog. (We did have to pay an additional $10 per night pet fee.) The staff was friendly and helpful, and opened our patio door on check-in so that we did not have to lug out possessions through the lobby. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

This hotel was the most disgusting I've ever been in. We checked in with no problem but we were given a room that was dirty, there were holes in the blankets on the bed and dried vomit down the side of one of the beds. When we called the front desk, they were very indifferent about it but brought us keys to another room, which we had to move our own luggage to. The desk clerk that brought the keys refused to come in a see the condition of the room giving us the impression that this was nothing new to them. I would never ever stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank srbartz
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

Me and my wife and my 9 yr old son stayed at the Comfort Inn for 5 days. It was a pleasent stay. The front staff was amazing. They are very friendly and kind. They make you feel like you are part of the family there. The room was very clean and cosy. The housekeeping stay were very friendly and when they see you they go out of their way to say good morning to you with a smile on their face. Ready to help in any way they can. The breakfast is great lots to choose from. My son decided that he was going to bring his mom and myself breakfast one morning. The front desk staff was kind enough to help him carry the breakfast to our room. It nice to see that they go that extra mile to help when they see that someone may need an extra had. One night we decide to go out for supper however we had are dog with us . The front desk lady said that she would keep an eye out for her and take her out for her to do her business if need be. Would I stay there again yes . Staff there is the most friendless people we have every meet in the hotel business.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Parksville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

Although the room was non-smoking, there were people standing outside the next room smoking and it was drifting into our room - Yuk! The tv was very very old, and the bathroom was shabby with absolute minimum towels provided.

The front desk staff were very helpful, but I had to show the sheet I'd printed on-line quoting their room rates to get the price down from the $120 they wanted to charge, to the $89 I had quotes for.

Breakfast was fine - basic as always and coffee a bit grim but that is not unusual for hotel beverages!

I think the hotel needs a bit of a shake up in today's competitive market - you can't afford to have vanities filled with messy caulking and cigarette burns (in a non smoking room) and outdated tvs etc. I think we might try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Lansing
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2009

Terrible hotel, bad service, TV and heater barely worked. Way over priced, felt ripped off. Would have been reasonable at $50 for the terrible quality.

• Liked — Norhing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank aquinas7
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2008

I just returned from a 3-night stay at the Comfort Inn in Cambridge. My trip was business related.

Check-in was a breeze, very quick and efficient, and the staff were very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. The reception area was neat and tidy, and the hallways and tiled stairways were always clean, despite the fact that it rained every day. The room was spotless and had everything I needed, including a desk and wireless internet access which worked great. Complimentary continental breakfast was provided, with typical offerings such as juice, toast, bagels, cold hard-boiled eggs, croissants, oatmeal and cold cereal.

The only issue I had with my room was very minor, a bedside lamp that was not working properly, but I left a note for housekeeping and when I got back to my room the lamp had been replaced.

I thought I received excellent value for my money and would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in Cambridge. Do be aware that the hotel backs onto Highway 401 so you do hear some traffic noise.

• Liked — clean room, wireless internet, nearby restaurants/take out
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)