“Nice room and Friendly staff”

Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Heated bathroom floors was a bonus, but the curtains were broken in our room and it was dated. I booked off of Hotwire and got the room for like $67.00 a night much better than the $109.00 a night off of there website. Alright so this isn't a review of the price but that is important. Room was clean, beds were comfy. Some might get upset because the TV isn't LCD and was like 27 inches, I could personally care less. the bathroom was a it dates but hey, heated floors!! The staff were friendly, the pool and hot tub were clean, the hotel has a nice enough workout area, which I believe they sell monthly memberships for. This could lead to a few randoms walking around the place though. The hotel has had some upgrades, the lobby and entrance are nice, the hallways need to be redone, scuff marks on the doors and dented at the bottom.
for the price though this was a great find!! I recommend it to couples or families who need a place to stay in cambridge that sinexpensive, clean and close to everything on highway 24

Room Tip: We were on the first level. The hotel has a few entraces so you can be closer to your room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaysunhoffman

Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Cambridge after our wedding, and it was wonderful. The check-in staff was very friendly and courteous. We stayed in a king executive room, it was very clean and the bed was nice and comfortable. The restaurant staff was great in the morning, friendly and cheerful, as well as the food being delicious. Overall an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the executive rooms, nice and clean.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed here Oct 21-23 2011. Despite the negative reviews the hotel was IMO clean and nice. We stayed upstairs in a King Suite. Yes the bathroom was outdated but it was clean. The cleaning staff was very friendly and professional. The pool area was very outdated and could use a update. We did not miss an elevator. Its one small flight of stairs. ALl and all we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the King Business class
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 14 November 2011

Thank you for your recent review regarding the Holiday Inn Cambridge. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments have been shared with our entire team as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make Holiday Inn Cambridge a leader in excellence.
From your reviwe we recognize that there are areas in our hotel, such as the bathrooms, that suffer from physical and operational deficiencies. Starting in 2012, we will begin the process of updating our guestroom bathrooms. I recommend returning to visit us in the summer months, when you can enjoy both our indoor and outdoor pools, as well as our full service patio.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Cambridge.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I've been only once here and I'll never get back. In my room there was water leaking from te upper floor and a big portion of te moquette was wet. Luckily I only had to spend one night in there and then continue my trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 14 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to convey your feedback about a recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel. From your comments we recognize that there are areas in our hotel that suffer from some physical and operational deficiencies. As part of our brand ‘refresh’ throughout the Holiday Inn Family, I am pleased to say that we are making necessary improvements within our hotel. In 2012 we shall begin the process of renovating all our guestroom bathrooms.
Please also trust that your comments regarding a leak in the ceiling and wet carpet would have been addressed very quickly had we known. We provide 24-hour service to ensure all of our guests are 100% satisfied during their time with us.
Please feel free to contact me directly at alexandrakavanagh@fortisproperties.com for any future reservations at our hotel. I would love for you to return to see the changes that are happening.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

We booked this hotel for 3 nights and we checked out after 2 and moved to a different city. Two storey hotel with no elevator, so make sure you take light luggage. The decor is old and outdated; the hotel is in major need of a renovation. On the plus side, staff were very nice. If you are considering visiting Cambridge area, I'd stay in Kitchener which is the next highway exit.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 3 October 2011

Thank you for your comments. We are continuously striving to improve the quality of our hotel and have recently renovated our public restrooms and banquet corridors. We have further renovations scheduled to begin in January 2012 that include New 37” LCD televisions for every guestroom, complete ballroom renovations and we will begin the process of renovating all of our guestroom bathrooms. We take great pride in being one of the historic Cambridge hotels and have recently celebrated our 43rd year. I appreciate your comments regarding our service as we strive to create a culture that is geared solely around satisfying our guests and exceeding all expectations. I encourage you to try us again so that you can see the changes that are happening.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Based on the reviews I was dreading staying at this Holiday Inn..We bought the Safari package and all went according to plan...I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in the lobby...it was very nice,modern looking and didn't smell at all...our room was very nice...heated floor in the bathroom...decor was modern...beds comfortable..kids had a blast in the indoor pool...the staff was very friendly and helpful...the food wasn't the best I've had...but was good...will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 15 September 2011

The Holiday Inn Cambridge is committed to providing the highest quality in service and product and I am happy to see that you were very satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We are really pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature.
Thank you for being our guest and for your comments. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to discuss any of this further. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I booked a stay at this holiday inn for a recent wedding and was very disappointed with the hotel. It looks like this hotel is about 25 - 30 years old and has never been renovated. The bathroom in particular was in need of work. The white grout in the bathrooms had yellowed and the shower/tub was so dingy it felt like I was at the local ymca. The "soft" pillow was so lumpy it felt like my childhood pillow that I refused to throw away.

All of that being said, the staff were very courteous.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 September 2011

The Holiday Inn Cambridge in committed to providing the highest quality in service and product and I am disappointed that we have not been able to live up to our commitment. We understand from your comments that there are areas in our hotel that suffer from some physical and operational deficiencies. As part of our brand ‘refresh’ throughout the Holiday Inn, I am pleased to say that we are making the necessary improvements and updates to the appearance of our hotel and have plans in our budget for next year to continue the work.

I am sure you can agree that companies such as ours would hear more of the bad then the good. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. We would love for you to return and experience the true Holiday Inn Cambridge and its warm service.

Thank you for your comments and please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to discuss any of this further. We hope to see you again soon!