“Value Conscious”

Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Excellent experience. I found the value and quality of the rooms far exceeded my expectations. The staff were always accomodating and what a pleasant surprize when I first saw the continental breakfast, Nice touch. I would say its definitely the best value in town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Very friendly staff. I don't recommend it for vacations and family trips, but it's an excellent choice for business trips. Very clean rooms, good breakfast, free parking. The only drawback was the Internet connection, which was not very reliable at times.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank birikht
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I guess that you just have to decide if you can afford a little better. It wasn't AWFUL, but it was not comfortable either. I really like to save a buck whenever I can but I would not stay here again. If you decide to go, at least take your own pillow. I wish I had taken mine!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Merrywood_10
Reviewed 1 July 2011

While the room the hotel gave us was clean andcomfortable, it was NOT what we had reserved. When I made my reservations in March, I asked for a 2 double bed non smoking room on the first floor. (One of my party is handicapped. Another is asthmatic.) What they gave me was a 1 queen size bed smoking room on the first floor. They INSISTED that is what I reserved. The only room available that would even remotely meet my request was on the second floor (No elevator, of course. AND at the end of a Lo-o-o-ng hall.) By the time we finally got to the rrom after hauling all our luggaqge up a narrow stairway, everyone was exhusted.

There was supposed to be a buffet style breakfast. It was a joke. Coffee, milk, orange juice, dry cereal, hard boiled eggs, and bagels. That was it.

The free internet access was spotty at best. It kept cutting out every ten minutes or so. (It was not the computer's fault. It was brand new.) It was the hotel access. To get it back, I had to shut down my computer and reboot. EXTREMELY frustrating!

Guess where we will NOT be staying the next we come to Ontario?

Room Tip: Itp to get better service ... Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank meanrunt
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The hotel was very welcoming and the staff were extremely helpful. The room I got had a nice king sized bed with everything you could ask for in a room!
The price was fantastic and the breakfast was fresh every morning! Bar right on sight which meant you didn't have to go far for a bite to eat or a drink at night, especially after a long day in meetings. Best Hotel I have stayed at for years!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2011

In this case:
dirty room
hair in the tub, sink and floor
stained, threadbare carpet
noisy
wake up calls you don't order
not much else to say....except it's cheap and takes dogs
super 8 down the road is the same and probably the better bet

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I have stayed there several times and they have each been excellent occasions. I only have appraisals for this Travelodge because it is an overall great hotel. Everything from customer service, to room cleanliness to the free continental breakfast in the morning is absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend this Travelodge if you are staying in Cambridge or the Kitchener-Waterloo Tri-City area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business