“Wonderful Experience!”

Ranked #99 of 322 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dine at this Symposium Café Cambridge Ontario restaurant located on Can-Amera Parkway, minutes from Highway 401. This neighborhood style Symposium Café Restaurant location is conveniently located near Highway 401 just off of Town Line Road.This Cambridge Ontario location seats 90 indoors and over 60 seats in a scenic stunning patio, and a private 40 seat bar lounge. We specialize in Large Group settings and accommodate last minute dining functions fairly easilyHope to see you soon at this Cambridge Ontario Symposium Café restaurant. • Beautiful Restaurant Décor• Scenic Patio Dining• Fully Licensed Bar Lounge• Located minutes from Highway 401• Open Early Mornings 7 Days per week• Open Late Nights – Dining Available until Close• 7-Days of Promotions• Award Winning Concept Restaurant HoursSunday – Thursday 8am to 12amFriday & Saturday 8am to 1am
Reviewed 17 December 2011

This was our first time at the Symposium Cafe. We went for breakfast.

I was pleasantly surprised by how spacious the interior is. From the outside, it looks like it would be a small dining place. Inside, the atmosphere is cozy and inviting. There are several tables and booths. There are also wing chairs and tables scattered around the cafe for those that would like to come in nd sit and have coffee with a friend.

The breakfast menu is impressive. There's a lot to choose from. There are eggs, ham, bacon, crepes, waffles, etc. Breakfast may be ordered all day. I had the 3 egg breakfast with bacon. The meal comes with home fries, and 2 slices of toast (white, whole wheat, or rye). The food was nice and hot. It also came with jam, and a slice of tomato sitting on some lettuce. I must say, though, that the bacon was salty. I know that bacon varies depending on the brand, but I found it salty. That's just me. Next time, I'll try the ham. My meal came to $8.45 plus tax. Regular coffee is priced at $1.75 with unlimited refills. Looking through the menu, I saw that breakfast ran anywhere from $8.45 to about $10.50 depending on what you ordered.

The staff was very polite. We were welcomed upon entering the cafe. We were asked what kind of seating we preferred, table or booth. The waiter was very attentive, and came back a few times to ask how we were doing. Even when we were leaving, we had at least 2 waitresses say goodbye to us, and the hostess also wished us a good day.

They also carry a wide variety of dessert. They looked delicious in the display window. However, this time around, I did not have any desert as I was full from the breakfast. If you come on a Sunday, they have a 2-for-1 dessert special.

Overall, I enjoyed eating here. I did fill out a comment card. This is what I recommended.

1) The bacon was salty. Perhaps they can try out a different brand? One with reduced
sodium.

2) Include cloth napkins at the table with extra paper napkins in a dispenser. I say this only
because the cafe looks and feels "classy" and the cloth napkins would compliment this.

3) Water faucet temperature in the bathroom was cold. The faucet is sensor controlled.
You have no way of controlling the temperature. I'm not one for running hot water onto
my hands, but it should be lukewarm to rinse of the soap.

4) Bathroom stall. This one is for the ladies. There is nowhere to hang or put your purse. I
like to either hang my purse on the bathroom door hook, or place it on a shelf. I do not
like to put it on the floor.

5) Soft music playing in the background as we ate was nice. However, it would be even
nicer if they were to hire a solo and play soft music (perhaps with a trumpet). As the
cafe is also a lounge at night, live entertainment would be awesome.

I will definitely be back for breakfast again. Looking forward to trying out their lunch and dinner menu as well. Enjoy!

3  Thank musiart
There are newer reviews for Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed 8 November 2011

This is new to Cambridge, but I think it will do very well. We have been twice so far since it opened. Once for dinner and the second time for breakfast. Dinner was very good with a nice menu selection. Didn't dare go for dessert but they do look sooooooo good. Breakfast was also very good. A nice relaxed atmosphere aimed more for adults. The Staff are very friendly and don't seem to rush you. The patio looks great but opened just a little to late in the year to be able to take a chance to enjoy it. One of the few in town that will have full sun in the summer

1  Thank british-canadian-60