All reviews bruce restaurant in house restaurant breakfast buffet this past weekend off the highway would stay here again rooms are clean shopping and restaurants room was large business trip mini fridge african lion safari lots of restaurants cleaning staff booked this hotel coffee maker easy access
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is well kept but will soon need some attention. Outdated wall paper in room showed lots of signs of age but who sees that when you are comfortably asleep. Our room was just outside the elevators and over the front entrance and was still very quiet. The hotel was packed and cleaning staff seemed to be having trouble keeping the common areas clean and tidy. I am sure they will quickly catch up once many of the wedding guests depart. Staff was very friendly and the complementary buffet breakfast was much better than most offered by chain hotels. Not sure what was with the size of the juice glasses, not much larger than a shot glass. Good value for the money.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We apologize for the cleanliness issues you experience in the common areas. We will ensure this is addressed with our team. Thank you for your review, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Stayed overnight for a sales conference.

The good:
-the room was large with separate room for bed.
-the limited staff encounters I had were pleasant
-hotel was clean and well kept

The bad:
-located on busy Hespeler Road, just off the 401, traffic noise bombarded my room 102. Spoke to others in my group located in wing not facing the front and they found no disturbance. I had a terrible nights sleep due to the constant noise.
-the light fixtures in the bathroom with the "stylish" Edison Bulbs look good, but are so dim it is difficult to see when shaving/applying makeup. Get some brighter bulbs in there.
-food was disappointing. Lunch buffet for our group had small dry tortilla shells, difficult to make the fajita with them. Dinner, hard to fully evaluate since they ran out of food varieties before my table got to the buffet. What I did eat was just okay.

Room tip: Avoid rooms facing the front of the hotel, Hespeler Road. Traffic noise really disturbs restful sleep.
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your feedback both positive and constructive as it allows us to determine areas which may require improvement. We will share your feedback with our team and seek opportunities to improve our offerings. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Nice adequate hotel. Room seemed clean and large. Meeting rooms seemed cramped for our group. Ate at Bruce restaurant, had the Bruce burger. That’s a huge burger, so bring your appetite. Also had a buffet dinner there, and it was quite tasty.

Staff were all friendly..the ones I was talking to. I would recommend thus hotel again. Close to shopping.. seemed easy to get to from Toronto.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2018

I could not sleep, my room was right on top of the main entrance (224), people were leaving the hotel in groups, laughing, singing until well passed 2:00 am, on Thursday March 29. I stayed only one night, had to leave early in the morning. I mentioned what happened to the young woman at the front desk when I checked out. She said she would ask the Manager to call me but he never did. Maria F

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize that your sleep was disturbed by noise outside of the hotel. Our Front Office Manager will be reaching out to you to discuss your experience with us. Thank you again, for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Had a wedding in Cambridge and had a block or rooms reserved. Check in and check out was east and fast. We had 2 queen beds, very clean and comfortable, lots of towels and pillows. The room was a good size with a microwave but no fridge. The hotel had a nice atmosphere and everyone was very polite. Had breakfast main lobby,you could order or like did had the buffet. There were many choices and every thing was hot. They must have been short staffed or were not expecting that many people. A lot of people in our wedding party and others left to go elsewhere. All in all if I was in the area I would return.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to welcome you back again soon!