All reviews bruce restaurant in house restaurant breakfast buffet nice hotel front desk staff off the highway rooms are clean room was large shopping and restaurants this past weekend business trip mini fridge african lion safari comfortable stay great place to stay coffee maker easy access
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Awesome hotel. Room was clean and comfortable, all the staff was courteous and their great breakfast was awesome. We took the package and saved a bundle. We even had room service, pizza, and it was really good. I will stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us with our African Lion Safari Package! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2018

The room had plugs everywhere to charge devices, lots of lights, huge desk/workspace, great shower, good beds and clean. It was very quiet and I had no trouble sleeping. The front desk was helpful and efficient. The restaurant wait staff were mature and polite. Too often we are met by underpaid and under-interested staff in hotels and restaurants. This is the opposite. Stayed 4 days for a convention. Very satisfied customer. Thanks Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre!

Room Tip: I was on the second floor facing the back parking lot. No view but very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter B
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for your review! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

A large group of us stayed here over the July 1st weekend for a wedding.
Check in was was quick and easy. I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor. Feeling unwell I went to lay down only to discover a filthy bedspread, covered in what appeared to be makeup from the previous guest. It only got worse from there. I went to make a pot of coffee and found that there was old coffee still sitting in the pot. Both mugs had the paper cover on top of them but they also had pools of old coffee in the bottom. There were black hairs all over the bathroom and a dirty sock between the two beds. Clearly the housekeeper responsible
for cleaning this room did the bare minimum.
I called down to the front desk and complained about the comforter and coffee pot. A very nice young woman came up and hand washed the pot and replaced both the duvet and the cover for me. She apologized profusely and mentioned that housekeeping had gone home early that day due to the heat. I’m not sure how the heat outside affected the housekeeping staff inside, with air conditioners in every single room, but I let it go and thanked her. I was still feeling quite ill and didn’t have the energy to make a complaint to the manager.
Aside from the room, the hotel was clean. Elevators were extremely slow.
Breakfast buffet was included with the room but wasn’t great.
I will likely not return to this hotel if I am ever in the area again.

Stayed: July 2018
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Reviewed July 7, 2018

We needed a place for the night as we toured the region around Waterloo, and this came up.

We expected a run-of-the-mill roadside motel, but were pleasantly surprised in every respect. The lobby—with a clean, contemporary design Reception desk on the left, and a clearly popular open-plan bar and restaurant on the right, set out in dark wood—makes you feel this is a space you want to spend time in.
The room was spacious, with all the right touches: proper glasses (not paper cups) and a sink that works (two improvements on a supposedly posher hotel that we had stayed at the night before).
The fitness room seems to be put together by a well-meaning management who never use it themselves: there's a multi-gym, a stepper, a treadmill of older vintage, and a basic collection of weights, haphazardly arranged and in no relationship to a forlorn flat-screen TV on one of the walls. But a fitness room of any sort is more than one expects in an establishment of this size, and its deficiencies are easily fixed: throw in a few exercise mats, cleaning spray for cleaning the equipment after exercise, and an erg (rowing machine), and it would be almost decent.
The best experience, however—and the No. 1 reason my wife and I will make it our hotel of choice in the area in future—is the breakfast. The food was good, buffet-style, nicely laid out and well-maintained, but it is the staff that make it excel: the waitress was welcoming, charged us based on what we ate, served hot coffee promptly, and the manager even offered us coffee or tea to go when we checked out (that's a first).
If this were a chain, it would be our preferred place to stay wherever we travelled.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hither-and-Yon
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your feedback about our fitness center and will review this with our management team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2018

We stayed here for our wedding night & had our guests stay here as well. The hotel was very clean and the staff were helpful. The rooms themselves are on average a little bare and boring, but they are in the process of renovating and the suites are much more modern.

The only downside to our stay was there was a wedding at the hotel while we were there which closed the restaurant and resulted in children running up and down our hallway on the first floor well into the night.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We hope to welcome you back again soon!