All reviewsbruce restaurantin house restaurantbreakfast buffetnice hotelfront desk staffoff the highwayrooms are cleanroom was largeshopping and restaurantsthis past weekendbusiness tripmini fridgeafrican lion safaricomfortable staygreat place to staycoffee makereasy access
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First I have to start with the front staff, the young lady that checked me in was so nice and chatty, and I locked myself out and she remember me from check in. I found that very nice that they remember their customers! I was here for two nights for a conference, we had one supper here in a conference room which was delicious, it was a small buffet with many choices. Very well made, tasty for “hotel food as-well” for breakfast we ate at the restaurant on site. It was a very small buffet as well, not a whole lot of choices but I found things I liked. The egg I took up but only ate a bit of because it was cold and not that tasty. But the wedges/has brown was good, chocolate croissant, fruit salad, etc was all good. Also offered cereal, toast, French toast, tea coffee and juices. I’m not sure on cost of breakfast for it was included in our conference price! I was unsure where to sit at first because no one seemed to be working it... but once I was sat with food 10 min later a worker appeared and started sitting groups. This hotel is near a Tim’s, gas station and a few stores such as Walmart. There is a gym on site which I packed to go to but was always to tired to go once I got back. There is a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in the room, the bathroom is ok, there was a short red hair on the shower wall when I got in... mind you my hair isn’t short, or RED so that was a bit gross and concerning but I had to shower. The door also didn’t seem to close all the way for the bathroom. Which was fine for me seeing I was here alone. The door to the room also needed an extra rug to ensure it closed behind me. Once I left for my first day of my conference I came back to my room with my bed made. Which was nice but also made me a little nervous seeing I wasn’t expecting cleaners to be in my room so I left a lot of personal stuff out. Although I was NOT scared that something would be taken just I would of been a little more helpful keeping my stuff together if I knew in advance they’d be stopping in when I was gone. I did not use my tv but there is a list of channels and what is playing on them in the book on the table, which is great. I was on the second floor very close to the ice machine and the vending machine. Although they only have water and pops for sale in them, they do have chips etc down stairs at the main desk. There is wifi as-well, the password was given to me during check in.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Awesome hotel. Room was clean and comfortable, all the staff was courteous and their great breakfast was awesome. We took the package and saved a bundle. We even had room service, pizza, and it was really good. I will stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us with our African Lion Safari Package! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2018

The room had plugs everywhere to charge devices, lots of lights, huge desk/workspace, great shower, good beds and clean. It was very quiet and I had no trouble sleeping. The front desk was helpful and efficient. The restaurant wait staff were mature and polite. Too often we are met by underpaid and under-interested staff in hotels and restaurants. This is the opposite. Stayed 4 days for a convention. Very satisfied customer. Thanks Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre!

Room Tip: I was on the second floor facing the back parking lot. No view but very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter B
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for your review! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

A large group of us stayed here over the July 1st weekend for a wedding.
Check in was was quick and easy. I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor. Feeling unwell I went to lay down only to discover a filthy bedspread, covered in what appeared to be makeup from the previous guest. It only got worse from there. I went to make a pot of coffee and found that there was old coffee still sitting in the pot. Both mugs had the paper cover on top of them but they also had pools of old coffee in the bottom. There were black hairs all over the bathroom and a dirty sock between the two beds. Clearly the housekeeper responsible
for cleaning this room did the bare minimum.
I called down to the front desk and complained about the comforter and coffee pot. A very nice young woman came up and hand washed the pot and replaced both the duvet and the cover for me. She apologized profusely and mentioned that housekeeping had gone home early that day due to the heat. I’m not sure how the heat outside affected the housekeeping staff inside, with air conditioners in every single room, but I let it go and thanked her. I was still feeling quite ill and didn’t have the energy to make a complaint to the manager.
Aside from the room, the hotel was clean. Elevators were extremely slow.
Breakfast buffet was included with the room but wasn’t great.
I will likely not return to this hotel if I am ever in the area again.

Stayed: July 2018
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Reviewed July 7, 2018

We needed a place for the night as we toured the region around Waterloo, and this came up.

We expected a run-of-the-mill roadside motel, but were pleasantly surprised in every respect. The lobby—with a clean, contemporary design Reception desk on the left, and a clearly popular open-plan bar and restaurant on the right, set out in dark wood—makes you feel this is a space you want to spend time in.
The room was spacious, with all the right touches: proper glasses (not paper cups) and a sink that works (two improvements on a supposedly posher hotel that we had stayed at the night before).
The fitness room seems to be put together by a well-meaning management who never use it themselves: there's a multi-gym, a stepper, a treadmill of older vintage, and a basic collection of weights, haphazardly arranged and in no relationship to a forlorn flat-screen TV on one of the walls. But a fitness room of any sort is more than one expects in an establishment of this size, and its deficiencies are easily fixed: throw in a few exercise mats, cleaning spray for cleaning the equipment after exercise, and an erg (rowing machine), and it would be almost decent.
The best experience, however—and the No. 1 reason my wife and I will make it our hotel of choice in the area in future—is the breakfast. The food was good, buffet-style, nicely laid out and well-maintained, but it is the staff that make it excel: the waitress was welcoming, charged us based on what we ate, served hot coffee promptly, and the manager even offered us coffee or tea to go when we checked out (that's a first).
If this were a chain, it would be our preferred place to stay wherever we travelled.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hither-and-Yon
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your feedback about our fitness center and will review this with our management team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon!