“Swiss Chalet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #197 of 308 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Canadian, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Swiss Chalet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I think I already rated this so I just need to fill in 100 characters and how am i suppose to do that maybe if I keep writing it will be 100 characters. I think I did it. Bye!!

Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
“Regular Customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Regular customer here, good value for a quick meal after church. Not so much for special occasions but nice when you are hungry

Visited May 2013
Cambridge, Canada
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Because this location is so close we often nip over to the drive thru when we don't feel like cooking. The last two times the meal has been so terrible that we won't be back. The half chickens are more like half pidgeons and the meat is way overcooked and dry. Where you used to be able to chew a bit of meat and skin off the wings, now they just crumble into charred dust. The skin is chewy and salty and basically inedible. I have such fond memories of Swiss Chalet from my youth but things have changed. A corporate, bottom line driven restaurant chain will always sacrifice quality for profit. Shame really.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank darinvictor
Brantford, Canada
“Every dish was dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Went and ordered a quarter chicken dinner. I asked for my dinner roll to come out first. The plate it came on has grease on it and a piece of bacon was attached to my bun. Not good news for vegetarians, Muslims of Jews.
There was a piece of lettuce on the outside of my water glass and a black floatie in it.
I asked for dark meat and was given white.
Won't be going back. Gross. Would hate to see the state of the kitchen.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
British Columbia, Canada
“Anemic portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

So much for a Quarter-chicken dinner - my bird must have run a marathon before it got to the rotisserie. A 1/8-chicken dinner would be a better descriptor. And whatever happened to Harvey's/Swiss Chalet's famous fries? Those taters spent too long under the light - dried out. And what's with the bits and pieces of potato bits? Bleh. Lots of other choices in Cambridge, so I'll be taking a pass on this location next time.

Visited April 2013