All reviews b and b bed and breakfast my partner mini fridge juice delicious breakfast happy anniversary an amazing host made us feel went out of her way the owner living room attention to detail stay there again watch netflix allergic to cats wealth of information
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Omg where do I begin. Deidre and this B&B exceeded our expectations. We were met with a happy anniversary flag in the front and a balloon. Deidre is an amazing host who is kind, caring and a wealth of information. The accommodation/ambiance was clean, private and perfect. She adds extras to make it even more special. Ginger her cat will love on you. The breakfasts were excellent and her back porch is sweet. We attended art in the park and crystal beach. We ate at the The Crystal Chandelier both nights. They had nightly entertainment. We will definitely will be back and appreciate you Deidre! Thanks again for making us feel special.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Deirdre D, Owner at Yellow Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review to TripAdvisor.

I am so pleased that you chose the Yellow Door Bed and Breakfast to celebrate your fifth wedding anniversary.

Further, I am delighted that I exceeded your expectations.

I have a couple coming here later this week for their honeymoon.

I hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Our anniversary trip was excellent largely due to this well thought through clean and comfortable accomodation.
For the beach the owner prepared a beautiful beach bag, towels, mats to lay on, water bottles, soft drinks, pop corn, plastic plates, and cutlery.
The washroom is beautiful with a full set of washing and shaving items, and all kinds of additional items you never get in a hotel, like cologne and perfume, elastics and hair pins, contact lens care items, full manicure set new, packed quality toothbrush set with floss and toothpicks, etc.

The food and drinks are great and adjusted to each guest. I am vegan and my partner not. We each got our full satisfaction. Things like almond milk and buckweed waffles, fresh fruits - the owner went out of her way to satisfy our every need. This goes for all aspects of our stay.
In our suite we got free coffee, tea variety set, pop corn, cutlery for our own food, mini fridge, soft drinks, cups and glasses, free WiFi, flat screen TV, fire place, and big walk in closet.
There are tons of pillows and blankets to choose from, heater, cosy heated blanket, and candlelight lamps.
Breakfast is served in a beautiful garden with patio, soft cushion chairs, and modern rotating sun shade umbrella. Blooming flowers and green trees create complete privacy. The sun gently peeks through the trees and it is peaceful and fun to eat there or just sit during the day, meditate, read, whatever.
I didn't like that we stayed in a basement and there was no body lotion. All else was great.
The living room area has a table to sit and eat and plenty of room to work out or dance.
Beautiful artworks and welcome signs, matching decor everywhere, and tons of details make it seem like a five star hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Deirdre D, Owner at Yellow Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Thank you for your very detailed and positive review.

It was a pleasure to host your anniversary during your three day stay.

So pleased that the weekend you were here was the weekend of the Ridgeway Summer Festival which you enjoyed along with our weekly Saturday Farmer’s Market.

As you noted, I do provide a wide variety of products for use by my guests. I am sorry that there was no body lotion among the many toiletries available for your use.

If you had asked, I would have purchased some to provide to you. I will ensure that in future, body lotion is included in the selection of available toiletries for our guests.

Although I was able to accommodate your request for Vegan food, it was a shame that I was only notified of the fact that you are a Vegsn the day of your arrival.

I was pleased to be able to obtain a discount of 34% off the regular price of admission to Safari Niagara where you were headed following your departure.

I hope you enjoyed your last hours at the beach.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

My partner and I stayed at the Yellow Door for three nights last week and I can honestly say that it was our best B&B experience ever. We have stayed at many B&B’s and several have been very nice but Yellow Door is far and away the best we have ever stayed at. The bedroom and living room are separate areas allowing sleep and reading or TV at the same time. A fridge, microwave and kettle allowed drinks and snacks at the in-room table and chairs.

Deirdre is a wealth of information about the surrounding area and a staunch supporter of local businesses and artists. We took her advice regarding the local movie theatre and the rock band at the Sanctuary in Ridgeway. Deirdre was so enthusiastic about the Concert for Peace that we bought tickets and are returning for the Labour Day weekend event.

We can’t say enough good things about Deirdre and what a great hostess she is. We are looking forward to returning and seeing her therapy cat Ginger. We felt that we were staying at a friends house and it was a very enjoyable experience. Breakfast on the deck was like being in a quiet peaceful park. It is not a coincidence that all the reviews are positive.

1  Thank waynemclean1
Deirdre D, Owner at Yellow Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful, detailed review.

I am so pleased that you indicated that it was “ our best B&B experience ever”.

As you know, I really try and make everyone’s experiences memorable.

Further, thank you for buying tickets to the Concert for Peace with proceeds benefiting Ecojustice (Concert for Peace.net) This is the concert’s 10th anniversary with incredible talent lined up not to mention our own local multiple award-winning Canadian blues and roots singer, guitarist and harmonica player, Michael Pickett.

I look forward to seeing you both again on Sunday, September 2nd for the concert.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

I was on a bike trip from Muskegon MI to Albany NY and stayed at the Yellow Door on my last night in Ontario. The accommodations were private, clean, attractive, spacious. I had a secure place to put my bike. The innkeeper, Deirdre, was welcoming and very helpful. I was traveling with two friends at that point who were staying at another motel and Deirdre drove us all to an interesting place for dinner and picked us up afterward. They didn't stop talking about how Deirdre was one of the friendliest people we met on our trip, and I agree. I would definitely stay there again should I be in that area.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Deirdre D, Owner at Yellow Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I always strive to provide my guests with the hospitality that I hope I would receive, and occasionally that means extending that hospitality to others as well.

I hope your friends enjoyed the complimentary breakfast I sent off with you.

I am expanding the available accommodation at the Yellow Door, so hopefully, if you and your friends should return to Crystal Beach, I will be in a position to host all of you.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

My boyfriend and I booked a trip to Crystal Beach for our two year anniversary to enjoy the summer sunshine and reminisce on our childhoods at this wonderful beach and cute area. While we were only there for one day, Deirdre made us feel so comfortable and welcome instantly! All of the decor is matched thoughtfully, and you can clearly see that Deirdre has thought of all the details; printed out notes instruct you how to work the TV and peruse Netflix, complementary tea, coffee, popcorn, and chocolates made our movie night later so nice and relaxing. She even puts extra toiletry items in the restroom if you happen to forget yours at home (contact lens solution, unopened toothbrush, etc). Also, I happened to leave a sentimental shirt at the room by accident and since we couldn't go back to get it, Deirdre and I exchanged emails that day to arrange how we could get it back! I'm so grateful to have such a hands on and thoughtful host. There were little balloons with "Happy Anniversary" to greet us when we went into our room, and she even got little cheese danishes the next morning to go with the delicious breakfast spread that she made! So glad we were able to revisit our old childhood haunts and have such a great host and place to be at Crystal Beach! Will definitely book again if the opportunity arises!! (ALSO we loved the house cat, Ginger! So affectionate and sweet!)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Deirdre D, Owner at Yellow Door Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your lengthy, wonderful review.

I am so pleased that you chose the Yellow Door Bed and Breakfast to celebrate your second anniversary and that you enjoyed your trip down “memory lane”. As you pointed out, Bay Beach is a wonderful beach.

Further, I was more than happy to return your shirt to you. As you know, I tried to reach you immediately, but as you had no cellular data service in Canada, you didn’t receive my communication until you had returned home across the border to the United States.

I hope to see you back again.