“Good service and good taste”

Blue Chopstix- Hakka Chinese and Thai Restaurant
Ranked #186 of 418 Restaurants in Guelph
Description: Hakka Chinese and Thai Restaurant. Lunch Specials and open late! We also deliver food to your doorsteps.
Reviewed February 21, 2018

We went here to try the new place in town. The service was very good and the eat-in restaurant is surprisingly larger than I imagined from the outside.
There was a lot of choice on the menu from various styles of 'chinese food'. We tried a couple of noodle dishes and some seafood.
Only disappointment was the spring rolls - they were very tiny and not very good.
But otherwise, the sauces and dishes were excellent portions and quite flavourful.
We will be back to try some different things.

Abdul S, General Manager at Blue Chopstix- Hakka Chinese and Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Thank You John for your honest feedback. We are looking at improving our menu everyday so we appreciate your review. Do visit us again, lots more for you to try from our extensive menu with meats, vegetables or seafood options. Thanks for stopping by.

Reviewed February 1, 2018

Had lunch there and enjoy the food a lot. The special for $7.99 is a great deal. The hot and sour soup was flavourful. The garlic chicken had a mild/medium spicy, yet savoury sauce that paired well with the steamed rice. It also came with 2 spring rolls. There was more food than I could finish. The menu includes a variety of meat & paneer choices with various sauces - everything from Butter Chicken to Pad Thai. It's a very interesting concept to appeal to the tastes of everyone. The service was prompt and friendly. Food came out very quickly which allowed me to eat and get back to work.

Elizabeth! We are glad we could meet your expectations. Come see us again. Appreciate the review!

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

My family and I were passing by Guelph on our way to Toronto and we decided to take a break and eat. We quickly realized Guelph does not have that many options. We are originally from Kitchener and since I know from experience about hakka chinese, we figured we would give this restaurant a shot. I was floored!

The food is amazing! We ate the lollipop chicken, chicken manchurian, chicken fried rice and Ginger Beef. My gawd! The food was supreme in taste. Quickly my wife and I started to compare restaurants in Kitchener for hakka Chinese and we could not come up with anything remotely comparable. The waitress Sara was very polite and checked on us from time to time. Even the owner dropped by our table and brought us some keer? Which was delicious!

Overall 10/5!!. Very attentive customer service, lip smacking food and our bill was not a surprise at all. A very clean and well kept environment. Best was owner gave my son a Kulfi ice cream since he did not eat the keer. We are so glad we stopped by this place. On the way out we found they have lunch specials. We will DEFINITELY come by again for lunch. Like the other reviewer said, this is a Gem of a restaurant. Go try it and thank me later.

Thank you Stevens. We are delighted we could make your pit stop a memorable experience. Visit us again, we are not too far at all from Kitchener. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed January 24, 2018

My husband and I tried this place on a whim after googling places near us for lunch and we're glad we did! The service was good and fairly prompt although they were quite busy and seemed a bit understaffed had the whole restaurant been full, but they handled it.

The lunch special is $7.99 and this includes 2 spring rolls, choice of 1 of 2 soups (or a pop if you don't want soup) and an entrée. You couldn't ask for a better deal! The portion size was large.I had the Hakka Chicken Chow Mein and my husband had the Garlic Chili Chicken (you must love spice for this dish!).

I visited again yesterday and ordered their Chicken Pad Thai; it was delicious!

The only 'issue' I have is that I feel they are cheap on their meat portions; not much chicken in the dishes. I am not sure if this is because I have only ordered the lunch specials. I plan to mention it to them the next time I am in.

Ashley! Thank you for your honest feedback. If you like to have more meat in your dish we can always provide you more at an extra charge, no problem at all. Just let us know and we can do it. Thanks for stopping by and we are glad you have been loving the dishes!