“Best Indian Food I've Ever Eaten”

Diwa Classic Indian Cuisine
Ranked #31 of 429 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2018

I travel 3-6 months each year for work, but I still haven't found better tasting Indian food anywhere.

Warning: the service is poor and numbingly slow - likely because they place such a priority on takeout orders - so load up with patience before making your reservation.

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a different Indian restaurant, Diwa was recommended, so we tried it. Pleasant staff, seated promptly. With the promise of gluten free options, we anticipated choice for our gf grandson. This is not the case, as the kitchen is not gluten free and has only one fryer, so even the pappadams are not gluten free. We settled on some choices, food was served quickly and warm. Plates were heated, thank you. The dishes were tasty but could have been much hotter (temperature). I personally found most of the selections bland, but the rest of the family enjoyed. Aloo Gobi particularly nice.
Meat portions very small, but pronounced good (I'm vegetarian). Return? Maybe, but Indian Spice Roots food is better.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

A taxi driver recommended this place to my group, so we stopped by. The atmosphere was fantastic and the staff were exceptionally friendly.

The food went above and beyond our expectations. Each dish was marvelously aromatic and flavorful. Each with their own subtle notes and unique flavors. I have tried Indian food across Canada and this is some of the best I have ever had.

Strongly recommend, and will definitely return next time I visit Guelph.

1  Thank Superfleh
Reviewed May 15, 2018

I have had food from Diwa delivered to my home, it was good. I went in to Diwa recently to order some take out after a long day of hard gardening. I was completely ignored, in fact the wait-staff were pushing past me to service their tables. Nowhere else to stand, so sorry I was in the way. After several minutes I thought I might get some attention at the bar / counter. No luck. I left. I have never been so thoroughly ignored anywhere in my life.

Reviewed April 7, 2018

Last trip over at Easter, mates felt like some East Indian comestibles, as the Cheese Shop dialogue goes, and this was the choice. A little rough on the outside looks, but the interior is a modern and tasteful design. One of us uses two hearing aids and it's always a trick finding some place that isn't full of hard surfaces and loud. This was ideal. Discrete and sufficiently low key without pretension.
Food was presented in brass ornamental dishes, wonderfully tasty and very filling. Amusing to watch the bloke across from me glow brightly as he consumed more than his fair share I might add! But just the right level of spice in my book.
Servers were quick and accommodating and worthy of the extra kick I put in my tip.
I strongly recommend this place and hope to get in on the luncheon buffet next trip.

1  Thank Reggie B