“Great steak”

Borealis Grille & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Borealis Grille & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 429 Restaurants in Guelph
Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

The grilled flat iron steak with Saskatoon berry jus was excellent. The steak was cooked perfectly and the sides were great as well.

Borealis G, Guest Relations Manager at Borealis Grille & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Reilly,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're so glad you enjoyed your steak! Join us on Sunday's for our 2-course steak dinner special!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

We looked for a restaurant open for thanksgiving and decided on Borealis Grill in Guelph. The turkey dinner was overpriced and the worst meal I have had in a long time. The dark meat was dry and grisly so you can imagine how the white meat was cooked. I don't know how someone could ruin pumpkin pie but they did. The pumpkin tart as they called it was horrible. The pastry was hard as a rock. Horrible! We spent $130 for one of the worst meals ever. DO NOT EAT HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY.

Borealis G, Guest Relations Manager at Borealis Grille & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Hi there,

I'm very sorry that our Thanksgiving meal was disappointing. This is not the standard we strive to uphold. We would love nothing more than an opportunity to have you back and win you over with our local fare. Please email me at megallen.borealis@gmail.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

My family and I came for lunch on the long weekend. Our server, Alexis, was fantastic and handled our requests perfectly. The lunch special was delicious - my only complaint was that the white turkey meat was a tad dry. Prices were also a wee bit high given the flavour and portion sizes. Overall though, I’d try this restaurant again.

Hi There,

We're so glad you enjoyed our Thanksgiving lunch this weekend! Thank you for the feedback, we will definitely take it into consideration. We hope you'll be back to try some of the new items on our Fall Harvest menu coming up!

Reviewed October 6, 2018

My friend and I were really looking forward to eating at Borealis. Unfortunately, our meals did not meet expectations, and it seemed the menu was lacking inspiration. Both meals, though very different, had the very same vegetables, which appeared lazy. Roasted potatoes, way under-cooked parsnips, red peppers, and carrots might be fine as sides for cornish hen, but they do not belong in a curried seafood bowl. So sad, as we would love to support this restaurant.

Hi there,

I'm very sorry your meal left you disappointed, that is not the standard that we strive to uphold. If you would be kind enough as to give us another opportunity, we would love to win you over with our unique and local fare. Please email me at megallen.borealis@gmail.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Attended this restaurant with family on a Sunday late afternoon and the restaurant was surprisingly busy. We were seated quickly and our wait staff was both informative about the specials and attentive to our needs.

I had a cucumber, mint, lime, ginger ale/ginger beer sipper which was tasty and refreshing on this 29C day in September. Re food, I ordered a 1/2 size peach and arugula salad and duck confit as a main. Both were really tasty. I felt the meal was reasonably priced. Would return to this restaurant.

Borealis G, Guest Relations Manager at Borealis Grille & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind review! We're so glad you had a great experience at our restaurant. We hope you'll be back soon!