“So so”
Review of Days Inn Guelph

Days Inn Guelph
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Pretty good value for the money. This hotel got two floors. No elevator. There is a heavy steel door on the top of the stairs that everyone coming and going got to use. This slamming door gets VERY ANNOYING at 1 am. I dont know who the genius was who decided that a door was neccessary. It serves no purpose other than pissing off those trying to sleep at 1 am!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Ilovedds

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I was surprised when I saw a $250 security deposit on the bill at check-in. They said it was standard, but not at any hotel I have stayed in. The room had a step in the hall on the way to the bathroom, which was kind of unique. The door leading down to the lobby on the second floor is not clearly marked, which could be a safety issue in the event of a fire. The breakfast was nothing fancy, but adequate. The hair dryer had been replaced, but the screw holes from the previous one are still visible on the wall.
On the good side, the staff were nice, and the room was quiet. Not coming here again however.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank grumpy99
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Front desk staff unfailingly polite, outside of building attractive, inside is another story entirely.

Room Tip: Stale smoke air permeates the stairwell and the center of second floor. The only access to any any a...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2011

We stayed on a Sunday night and the motel was pretty empty, Still we were stuck upstairs in the smallest room in the place that still had problems with dust and smell. They charged the same price we paid at a nice hotel in Montreal. We belong to their marketing club that rewards you for staying at their brand. If we run into another motel like this, we will be throwing that card out.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Flintguy49
Reviewed 29 November 2009

They gave us smoking room though we ordered non-smoking. It was really stinky, all my clothes still smells awfully. The beds were really dusty, how should I know they ever change them? No ventilation and no fresh air whatsoever. Dirty and smelly corridors. Noisy occupants and road traffic really bothered. Everything is really old: furniture, walls, corridors.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank sholegg
DebGuelph, General Manager at Days Inn Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2009

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The experience described in this review is certainly not the environment in which we strive for. We have and will continue to reach out to any individual whom has reported a less than satisfactory experience during their stay. After conducting some research, I found the reason for the confusion with regards to your room. Unfortunately, you may have been unaware that when you reserved your room on line, you booked a smoking room for yourself. If we had a non-smoking room available at check-in, we would have certainly changed it for you. As part of our on-going renovations program, the corridors were just completely renovated in 2008. Currently we have a total of 9 smoking rooms in the hotel and they are slated to be renovated next year. Thank you for your feedback on your experience, I can assure you that your comments have been shared with my team. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact myself at (519) 822-9112.

It is our sincere hope that you will join us once again at Days Inn - Guelph.

Yours In Hospitality,

Debra Schaffrath
General Manager - Days Inn - Guelph

Reviewed 4 July 2009

We came to Guelph to take our dog to the vet college. The staff were the best! They made us feel welcomed and showed us compassion as we were stressed about our dog and his operation. The rooms were quite comfortable and very clean. It helped that the breakfast was free with our stay. The hotel was very convenient to get to the University and Vet College. We would definitely stay there the next time we are in Guelph. I highly recommend it if you are looking for good value and great customer service with clean rooms.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Abbie45
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I stayed at the hotel this year, it was supposed to be a short stay but ended up being longer that I had originally planned. The staff was excellent, I got to know a few of them quite well and they were rather pleasant. I read one of the other reviews about there being no soap and shampoo in the room, but I can assure you there must have been some sort of mistake because I had soap in my room, and shampoo as well, I also had forgotten some of my shaving supplies and the person at the front desk got me everything I needed, nice!!! There were also a great English style pub across the street. I would go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business