All reviews sausage small fridge stone road hotel entrance decent breakfast spacious room yogurt make your own waffles indoor pool free breakfast we've stayed hot breakfast front desk staff university conference pillows tournament
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Nicely clean facility. Very freindly staff. Unusually large rooms appointed with basic features but comfortable. Central location right accross from university and within blocks of all kinds of reseraunts and shopping. One problem has been encountered though which management seems to be trying to ignore....i have been staying here 2 weeks so far on business and have repeatedly encountered a skunk which seems to have taken up residence at or near hotel entrance. It has come within a couple feet of me( from behind and to my shock). I have advised front desk staff but they all seem to just laugh it off and do nothing. I suppose they are waiting for a guest to be sprayed. If you chose to stay here, you cannot leave or enter hotel after dark, or risk being sprayed by the skunk which frequents the front entrance. I wint stay here again unless ive been assured it has been removed from property.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
RoyalBrockHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Brock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Hi John,

Thanks for leaving such a detailed review. I apologize that you felt like the hotel staff was not taking your skunk concern seriously. We did take the problem seriously and contacted our local humane society who said that skunks could not be moved from their dens until fall. We have dealt with the problem since then.

Hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I stayed here for my first visit to Guelph. I am an international student and I was wanting to visit the University of Guelph before the fall semester started. This was the first time I was traveling alone and I was nervous about staying at the hotel alone, but this hotel was great. I admit that the outside appearance isn't the most modern look but inside it is very clean and proper. When I checked in, it was around 9 pm and the man at the check in was very nice and made sure that I had a room that was easy to access, since I had to checked baggages with me. When I entered the room, I was surprised by how big the room was. The two queen beds were great and the bathroom was very big. There was a small desk as well as the tv furniture that also provided the small fridge. I didn't use this feature, but there was also a place for a closet and there was an iron for your clothes as well. The bed was very comfortable and the wifi is great so I was was very comfortable watching Netflix on my tablet. The breakfast in the morning is really nice. They have muffins, egg whites, sausages, yogurt, bagels, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, tea, cereal, and make your own waffles. Since i was alone, it meant that i had no way of getting around the town, only by walking. I was able to go to the stone road mall in about 20 minutes and downtown in about 35 minutes. The University is literally across the road and you have access to the university center almost directly because the entrance of the hotel is practically directly in front of the university bus loop. When it was time to leave the hotel, I had to wait for my taxi that arrived around 4 40 pm. Since check out was at noon, the hotel kindly kept my luggage as I continued to explore my future home. When I came back, they kindly allowed me to sit in the large lobby to wait. I was very pleased with my stay and will recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay close to the university.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RoyalBrockHotel, Guest Services Coordinator at Royal Brock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Hi Justine,

Thank you so much for leaving such a detailed and thoughtful review. We are very happy to have you in Guelph and hope to see you (or your family) again.

Best,

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is good but can use a little maintenance on the outside appearance. The trees and shrubs make it seems a little on the forgotten garden side of things.
Staff was friendly and gave us an early check in which was fantastic after a long early morning trek to Guelph - close to lots of restaurants and the university which was great for the events we were attending at the sports field.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RoyalBrockHotel, Guest Services Coordinator at Royal Brock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Hi there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and detailed review.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

I booked this place because was attending a conference at University of Guelph. The building is well located near everything. You have restaurants, stripmalls, shops, downtown and many other things to see at Guelph.
The bedroom is small but well organized. I liked the bed and the pillows, they were very comfortable. Also, the A/C was wonderful, however, noisy. The bathroom is small but has everything you need. Overall, everything was good and clean.
My suggestions: have someone helping people at the breakfast area, especially at the waffle station. Also, a complimentary water would be nice.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank leitocg

Hi there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the suggestions and will be forwarding them to the appropriate department.

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

I had to find a place last minute under stressful, difficult circumstances. I chose this hotel as it is very close to the Veterinary College Hospital at Univ of Guelph. Staff were very polite and understanding. The room is large and appeared clean.

Breakfast was good. Waffles, eggs, coffee, fruit, etc. There was more than enough to eat.

I found the wifi to be adequate for my needs. Parking is easy access.

I was in room 204 and it is facing a busy street. If I stay again I may ask for a different area of the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank dogluver93
RoyalBrockHotel, Guest Services Coordinator at Royal Brock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2018

Hi there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are very pleased to hear that even in your difficult times we were able to provided you with a satisfying experience.