“Great atmosphere, wonderful food and exceptional service”
Review of shakespeare arms

shakespeare arms
Ranked #15 of 429 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Always enjoy a visit to Shakey’s with family and meeting up with friends. The patio is beautiful in the summer with flowers and potted plants. Friday and Saturday nights there is live entertainment.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

We went to this restaurant prior to seeing a show at the River Run Centre. I had the French Onion Soup, which was amazing. I haven't had soup like that in a long, long time. I also had the Reuben Sandwich (double decker on marble rye) and Sweet Potato Fries. All of the food was plentiful, delicious and served hot, especially the soup!

My husband had the Steak and Mushroom Pie (full of meat!), served with Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables. It, too, was piping hot. The food was delicious.

Service was great. We were seated and served quickly. Our server was pleasant and attentive. I would absolutely come back to this restaurant in a heartbeat. They have so many menu options. The Fish and Chips looked great from afar and I heard another customer order their Spicy Beef Curry. There is indeed something for everyone on the menu. However, the determining factor was my husband, who is very particular with restaurants and food. He gave it his stamp of approval, so that speaks volumes.

Thank you to the Shakespeare Arms for a lovely dinner.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Great place to see the neighbours, enjoy a beer, sit on the patio and have an excellent dinner. Friday evening fish and chip special is a popular choice.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Found this place on Google Maps while looking for a lunch spot to meet friends. Was excited to see they had French onion soup on the menu...haven't had that in YEARS!! Was as delicious as I remember it to be, thanks!

Ps. I dont think she will see this, but want to sincerely apologize to our waitress for not leaving a better tip. I suck at math and %'s, and didnt have any cash with me to correct my mistake. :( I'm truly sorry!!

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

We were over in Canada a couple of weeks ago for a wedding so a large group of us and went to Shakespeare’s as was close to our hotels most nights . Was good food and excellent service