“Best Thai in Town - Never a Disappointment”
Review of Golden Basil

Golden Basil
Ranked #226 of 414 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Taiwanese
Reviewed November 15, 2015

I have been to Golden Basil a dozen times. Every time the server at the front counter has greeted us in a friendly manner. They make you feel at home every time!

Most recently we chose take out (Wait was under 15 minutes, for spring rolls, tom kha soup and lime leaf basil) I got home and had a quiet meal with my girlfriend. At the conclusion of this particular meal we agreed that Golden Basil deserves and has certainly earned a 5-star Trip Advisor review. We had to sign-up for Trip Advisor tonight to give them this review. That is how delicious their food is.

Reviewed November 9, 2015

Today was the second time that I left Golden Basil without my meal. I ordered a Pho which is probably the fastest item to prepare are on their menu. The restaurant was almost empty, probably about 4 customers already eating. After about 20 minutes, there was no sign of my Pho, but I could see the cook strolling around behind the counter and the 2 other staff members generally milling around. I asked about my order and the woman behind the counter asked if I was in a hurry. I replied that a customer does not have to be in a hurry to expect prompt service.
This is the second time that this has happened. I will not allow a 3rd episode!!

Reviewed October 31, 2015 via mobile

The noodles were cold. Food well-don't even know how to describe it. The meat was dry-if it was even meat. Rice a big glob. Half our plate not even touched and yet the server didn't pick up on it. Forgot two items on our order and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant.
Won't go back ever!

Reviewed October 5, 2015

Good tasting Pho but where was the beef? I had two pieces of beef and mostly noodles and soup. Some more beef please!

Reviewed April 15, 2015

I really liked the lime beef and the Pho was good if a bit bland. They claim they have a different way of doing Pho noodle soup and it seems to be so as you choose the vegetables to add with one meat. Both dishes were good but needed a little something to perk them up. Clean restaurant, pleasant staff in a bright modern atmosphere. The price was good too!