“Fast service”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Ranked #106 of 429 Restaurants in Guelph
Description: Looking for the perfect spot to bring the family for some fresh-made breakfast or to catch up with old friends over brunch? Fresh is Tastiest™ is our philosophy here at Sunset Grill – our guests love our food because we use fresh ingredients, healthy cooking methods, deliver generous portions, and provide quick, personalized service. Our focus is providing our guests with great-tasting, made-to-order breakfast, brunch, and lunch favourites. We invite you to try one of our Famous All-Day Breakfast™ dishes such as our classic bacon and eggs with home fries and thick toast, eggs benedict, omelettes, steak and eggs, pancakes, or malted waffles, while you enjoy bottomless refills of our signature blend medium-roast coffee. We also cater to the lunch crowd and have tasty sandwiches, burgers, and salads available that are prepared fresh daily. Stop by, say hi, and give us a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Reakfast served fast and hot. Friendly service. Potatoes it great but eggs and bacon cooked perfect.

Reakfast not as good as Springfield 5 mi utes away.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Family Sunday breakfast, place was very busy. Service was quick and polite, coffee flowing on a regular cycle.

I had the Eggs Benny (on the menu as Eggs Sunset) which I initially had overlooked.
A bit of a different spin, 3 small eggs on pea meal bacon over 2 English muffins, so a bit of a hot mess when it arrives.

The eggs were nicely poached, good cook on the bacon. Most of my English muffin was nice, apart from the corner that had the poached egg drain on it, so soggy. Cut that bit off and pressed on.

The home fries were, in a word, disappointing. Unevenly cubed, then par-boiled and finished on the flat top, they were woefully under-seasoned and under-cooked on the bigger bits. Home fries can make or break a breakfast for me, you can guess where this one landed. I saw quite a few plates headed back to the kitchen from finished meals with a LOT of home fries making the lonely trek back to the bins.
I get you're busy, but get someone ahead of the rush on this. It's not that hard.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

I received, fast, friendly service on my last visit- as always. The waitresses are nice and personable, but without wasting any time. I usually stop here for breakfast (gotta love their peameal bacon), but was recently surprised to discover they have really good burgers as well! There's enough seating that I've never been left waiting, even when they're busy. I highly recommend this restaurant, their food, and every single member of their staff.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Went here for breakfast and was not so impressed with the food.

I didn’t want home fries and instead asked for grilled tomatoes which were way too ripe (almost bad) and was given home fries anyway. Tried a couple and could not eat any of them. It tasted like they were dipped in the ocean SALT SALT AND MORE SALT. My son didn’t want his either which for a large teenage boy says it all.

Had an omelette and was borderline sending it back. Same story they added WAY TOO MUCH SALT!

Not sure why they are adding so much salt but it seems like a theme.

If it wasn’t for the friendly service staff I would have rated it Terrible.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Had a pleasant early Sunday morning breakfast with friends here. Food tasted decent, server was friendly. Really liked the decor and atmosphere. My dining partner’s bacon was incredible! Wasn’t too impressed with the melon in my fruit cup. Seemed like it was maybe not cut fresh to order as promised- perhaps they sliced it and left it overnight? A bit goopy. Oh well- they at least topped it with freshly sliced berries. Liked that there was an egg-toast-fruit option but next time I’ll ask them to hold the melon!