See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with a couple of my friends about a month ago. The gentleman at the desk was extremely rude and pushy.

As we stepped out of the car a man walking from the lobby stormed out and told us that this guy is a "shyster" and we should not stay... huge red flag...

Before we had even checked in, we immediately did not feel safe staying and decided to find another place to stay or go home. The man pointed at a sign in the "lobby" and told us he does not do refunds. He had told us that he charged my card the second I booked the reservation (the full amount of the room) never once did the person on the phone tell me he was charging my card let alone the full amount of the room. When we told him the person on the phone never mentioned the charge would be put on my card (before we even got there) he argued that he did tell us even tho the person I talked to on the phone was a women... he continued to push the check in papers towards us for us to sign so we would stay and when we continued to refuse. He started cursing and yelling at us.

After arguing with him for about a half hour he told us he would give us 50 percent of our money. We agreed to get half our money back and loose out on the rest as he did not feel safe. He then told us that he would not be able to do the refund until the next morning.... RIGHT! There was no way this guy was going to refund us...

I would highly recommend NOT staying here as the man at the front desk is rude and disrespectful. I would recommend paying a little more for a better experience.

Will never return.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed May 18, 2016

Came to this place with some friends. Was charged $80, fine.

Put in a downstairs room, with no windows and two random doors, one locked from inside, the other, locked from the other side. We were told to go back in at 10:30pm. All the while, some psychopath at the top of the stairs of our room was whispering through the door, "I'm going to burn your room down" and "what did you do with Ester?" We decided to leave and wasn't refunded. Reasonable clean, but who knows... There was one light in the room. Disgusting and a pathetic excuse for an "establishment" and should be visited by Guelph Fire Chief.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
7  Thank Donnie G
Reviewed November 23, 2015 via mobile

Extremely warm and stuffy. No way to adjust the heat. Towels were so stiff and no coffee maker. I booked it with bookings.com. My Total was to be $136 and my total was $169 plus a $30 deposit. The Door frames and window frames were icky. It's a shame really.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank panda101play
Reviewed September 17, 2015

In and around Niagara, we had a couple of problems with hotels not accepting my SERVICE DOG. This place takes the bloody cake though.

We prebooked on a travel site (Trivago showed it to us, forget which site it sent us to) and I figured we were good to go. Started to drive up, when we get a call from Guelph. I don't know anyone there, so was surprised. Lo and behold, it was the hotel!

The girl on the phone yelled at us for not arriving five minutes after receiving our reservation, that they were "too busy" to hold a room. Uhh. We reserved it, lady, stop. We were just outside Beamsville when we got this call, so unless we could break the sound barrier and make a 1 hour drive into 2 minutes, we weren't likely to get there under her insane request time.

Also a problem came up about my service dog. We mentioned in our reservation (as we do with all hotels) that I have a service dog. The girl told us to leave her somewhere else. What the? Do they tell all people who need a wheelchair to leave it home? Rude much?

So not only would I have to abandon my dog on the side of the road, and probably have a medical issue come up thanks to he stress, we'd also have to somehow cross an hour worth of distance in minutes.

We pulled over in a parking lot, and had the booking company take care of it. We wound up finding other accommodations for the night. Never even got to see what the place looked like, thanks to this fiasco, so nothing to report on that front.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jen S
Reviewed August 11, 2015

Located on a major road, with easy access to a shopping center and minutes away from local attractions. Didn't really hear much of the traffic at all.... Room is small, but with a queen size bed, modern bath, flat screen TV, table, chair, microwave and decent sized fridge AND an extra sink. Full length mirror in the room - would have liked a coffee maker, but Tim Horton's was just down the street.
My only complaint was that the door lock was a bit difficult to engage, and there wasn't a deadbolt for the entrance. Easily fixed, if the management listens!

Room tip: Back rooms are further from the highway.
Date of stay: August 2015