“Awesome Food!”

Spice Roots An Indian Authenticity
Ranked #42 of 429 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

My roommate and I live just down the street and have been meaning to go to this restaurant for a year! We ended up being able to go for the lunch buffet and it was absolutely delish! Everything was super flavourful and the naan bread was freshly made, probably the best naan bread I have ever had! Will definitely make this one of my common restaurants to visit and highly recommend to tho those who like Indian food. Especially those who are vegetarian as there were multiple vegetarian dishes with tons of flavour!

Reviewed August 6, 2016

- got takeout
- food was okay, but certainly been to many better Indian food restaurants
- too salty and oily for my taste

1  Thank BA31pilot
Reviewed July 29, 2016

I had high hopes for this establishment, but in the end I was very disappointed.
My experience with Indian cuisine is extensive, and I can only assume this establishment does not believe its clientele can tell the difference between what they order and what they receive.
We ordered Chicken Tikka Masala - it arrived at our table in a white cream sauce with chicken tandori pieces?!?!? Authentic - I think not. Really?? I am not of Indian decent, but I can tell the difference between Chicken Tikka Masala and something slapped together in a pinch and served up as....
The nana: we ordered plain nana - ours came buttered. Perhaps a waiters mistake.
The Rogan Josh: over-boiled spinach thrown into a white sauce - again?!?!
The rice - they got the rice right. But I will not be returning for the rice or the price other the authenticity..
If you know Indian, I recommend you go to another establishment.
If you don't know Indian, I recommend you go to another establishment. You deserve the authenticity.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

Amazing selection and quality service. Tandoori cooking at it's finest. One of the best dining experiences offered in Guelph

Reviewed July 6, 2016

I ordered food for take-out and really enjoyed it for dinner and for lunch the following day. I highly recommend the Punjabi Subzi, Onion Kulchas and the Gajar Ka Halwa.