“Very impressed”

The Village Family Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 443 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

I drove past the place at lunch time and decided to check it out. At first it didn’t look very impressive, but the waiter was super friendly and helpful and when the food came I was very impressed. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was hungry and didn’t expect much, but the portions were huge (literally the biggest pancakes I’ve seen in my life) and it was very delicious! I had the chicken snitchel and I’d definitely go back to eat it again.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Went in on a Sunday just after 11 AM and were given a breakfast menu. I asked if I could order off the lunch menu...I wanted to warm up with a soup. Lunch isn't served until noon though so I had to get a breakfast. The portions were good. The price was good. The hash browns could have been warmer though and my husband's over easy eggs were over cooked.
Country diner style atmosphere. Handicapped accessible. Adequate parking.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Our family came here for dinner when both our little ones were a bit tired and grumpy. The service was very friendly and the restaurant was very clean. My wonderful wife ordered some Greek dish (I can't remember what it was), our older son had the chicken tenders and I had the pork schnitzel. We arrived hungry, which was a good thing since each portion could have fed our entire family. My schnitzel was so huge that they had to put the fries on a separate plate! I'm pretty sure there was half a pig on my plate. The meat was well cooked and the gravy was delicious. We ended up packing more than half our meals, not because we were in a rush, but because no normal human stomach should be big enough to finish the food we were served.

One last thing. They call this a "family restaurant" and it definitely fits the bill. It was brightly lit and our two young ones (1 and 3 years old) enjoyed the visit.

Great restaurant that I would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We found this place through trip advisor ratings. My husband and I are foodies and willing to travel a bit for good food from Kitchener. We look for good tasting good, generous servings at a good price. This place has all 3. I started with the cauliflower cheddar soup. It was really good. Then my husband and I had the cheese burger and fries. It was on of the best burgers I have ever had and the fries were as well. Dark golden, large fries. Not tiny bits of ends that you get at some places. My husband had the Apple cobbler for dessert and loved it as wrll. The waitress was on of the best we have ever had. She seemed to really care how everything was. The only complaint I have is that the bathroom needs a facelift. It's pretty grungy. The atmosphere isn't great but I think that's how they keep the prices low. Just forget about the surroundings and enjoy the wonderful food

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Had split pea soup and blt
Very good - sandwich just like mom makes at home
Not very big, prices excellent and food tastes
Service great too!