“Staybridge in Guelph is the place to stay”

Staybridge Suites Guelph
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We travelled to Guelph on June 2nd, stayed overnight, for family business, we stayed in 2 of the one bdrm suites, the beds were very comfortable, Anthony at the desk was friendly and courteous,our night was quiet, until the dog that was staying on our floor was barking up a storm early in the morning, still my pick as the place to stay in Guelph, even if it is off the beaten path!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
shujaatyar, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and acknowledging the friendliness of our team member. While I am delighted that your overall experience was positive, I am disappointed that you were disturbed early morning. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I am glad to know that Staybridge Suites is your “pick as the place to stay in Guelph.”
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I attended a conference at Guelph University with 2 coworkers, and the two-bedroom suite was a wonderful and economical alternative to having 2 separate standard rooms in another hotel. We were delighted with our 2 night stay! From Allison at the front desk, (who graciously made up a plate of food for one coworker who arrived shortly after the dinner buffet had been cleared away) to Courtney (who was cheerfully attentive to our needs at the breakfast buffet), all staff were friendly and accommodating.

Our rooms were well-appointed and comfortable, with large closets and a tv in each room as well as in the living area, where we could gather comfortably to visit. We were impressed with the full kitchen ... with dishwasher no less!

It is the "extras" that make this hotel stand out and makes it exceptional value for the price... the complimentary bag of (Orville Redenbacher!) microwave popcorn in our room, the full buffet breakfast that includes strawberries and whipped cream for the make-your-own waffles and a bowl of walnuts to add to the oatmeal, the free dinner (3 days a week), free laundry facilities, and a 24/7 snack shop.

To Shujaat Yar: The personal response you write to each review demonstrates the extent to which this hotel goes above and beyond in providing welcoming personalized customer service. Kudos!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
shujaatyar, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted that your experience at our hotel was an enjoyable one. It is very encouraging when the efforts of our team are acknowledged by our guests. Thank you very much for taking time to commend the service provided by Allison and Courtney from our team. Please be assured that we will try our best to meet your expectations on your next visits as well.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Staybridge Suites Guelph.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We had a large group stay for a dance competition in town and found the Staybridge Suites to be very clean and accomodating. The rooms will excellent and the staff were very nice. They even made breakfast early for us! Hopefully we will get to stay there again next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
shujaatyar, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciated your fabulous review. Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of our team for arranging breakfast as per the convenience of your group. Our team takes tremendous pride in providing our guests a pleasant experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Staybridge Suites Guelph.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My friend and I stayed here in May 2012 while on a short vacation in Guelph. I got a great deal on it from hotwire, but we weren't sure what to expect. This hotel is about a 5 minute drive from downtown Guelph and only a couple of minutes from the University of Guelph campus.
On the outside the hotel looked new and well maintained, the staff was courteous, and the lobby was spacious. Our room was on the second floor, a small suite with a kitchenette, perfect! The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, the pull-out bed from the sofa was ok, and the kitchenette was well stocked. The bathroom too was clean, but i recommend bringing your own toiletries because the ones the hotel offers are not the best quality.
We also got complimentary wi-fi and breakfast. The breakfast buffet was generous and had lots of options.
So all in all, we enjoyed our stay and were very satisfied with this hotel and would stay here again if we decide to visit Guelph again in the future.

Room Tip: There is a smoking and non-smoking section, tell them which one you prefer.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Staybridge Suites Guelph.

Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Depending on where or what you are doing, this may be out of the way. We stayed here and went downtown, about a $30 cab ride one way. Shame on me I should have known. Service was fast and friendly. Room as expected. All clean, fresh and felt new. Id def stay here again if I was on the way by on the 401. If I were going downtown again, id stay somewhere closer

• Stayed: May 2012
shujaatyar, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at Staybridge Suites Guelph. We are pleased to note your feedback about service and the rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2012

I recently hosted a function in the Great Room of the Staybridge Suites in Guelph for 40 people.

I can't begin to tell you how impressed I was with the Hotel and the staff.

I have never come across an entire group of people that were so dedicated to my party going off without a hitch. From Jigar to the young lady helping to clear - wonderful and a pleasure to deal with.

Our cake didn't show up and the baker didn't call or email me. The front desk clerk was such a doll making calls and sending emails trying to help me contact the company.
She even called the Hotel next door to see if there was a delivery error! Who does that? It's so nice to see Customer Service at it's finest in a world where no one seems to care anymore.

The ladies in the kitchen were so helpful and quick to assist with everything. Jigar was constantly checking in to make sure we had everything we needed for the party and that things were going well.

Anthony at the front desk provided the little ones with mini putt equipment so they could go out and enjoy the little putting green beside the patio.

My guests were so impressed with the hotel (many of them had never been in before) and the cleanliness was unsurpassed. The guest washrooms were immaculate as was the lobby and kitchen.

I have nothing but praise for your establishment and your staff. I worked in the Bridal Industry for a time and can tell you in honestly that I have never dealt with such an accomodating group of people - from Tyler and Gail to the kitchen staff and room cleaners.

Thank you for showing everyone what Customer Service is all about. Kudos to such a well run and professional hotel.

I can't express my gratitude enough for making this so stress free and such a memorable day for my family and I.

I would recommend your hotel to everyone.

Cheryl Brown
Guelph, Ontario

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
shujaatyar, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Ms Brown,

We are truly delighted to learn that you have been overall impressed with the service experience at our hotel. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration for our team to consistently exceed the guest expectations which you have experienced during your event at the Great Room.

Once again, thank you for your positive ratings and for recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcome you and your family back to Staybridge Suites Guelph, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed for almost 3 weeks and they really tried to accommodate the changes in my schedule. Good breakfast, my room is clean, no musty smell :)

Staff very professional and always ready to support you!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank popo315
shujaatyar, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back with us the next time you travel to Guelph.
Best wishes from the entire Staybridge Team.