“Hockey Tournament in Guelph”

Staybridge Suites Guelph
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed 31 January 2017

This hotel/suites is a perfect set-up for a family hockey tournament. The staff were very accommodating, and allowed us to book a second night after our team went to the final round Sunday. Rooms are great with a nice kitchen area and separate bedrooms, perfect for a kid that had to get up early. I would recommend this hotel to any hockey parent, but I would also stay here is I was doing business in Guelph as well.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Inder B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear WJMorriw,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you had a 5 star experience. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

This hotel is wonderful. Large rooms, very clean, full kitchen fridge, micro, dishwasher with tabs for it, pots & pans, glasses. The pool is heated a great touch. The complimentary breakfast has a large variety. There is a theatre room to watch movies and a gym. I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor corner #335 it was perfect the 4th floor is super quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Inder B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Dear Jsf_blondie,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Staybridge Suites Guelph. I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with the service and accommodations you received during your time with us! It's the Staybridge standard to ensure that our guests receive clean, comfortable accommodations and great service, and feedback like yours lets us know we're doing our job!

Again, thank you for your comments. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Guelph.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with the team for two nights even though we were booked for three. The staff were very accommodating considering the team was unable to advance and thus we did not have to stay the third night.
The rooms were fantastic. Very comfortable. Kitchenette was well equipped and very handy with 30+ kids around.
Breakfast in the morning was well managed and food was great. Everyone enjoyed.
The only minor criticism would be the pillows. They weren't great, and about the size of a throw pillow on a king size bed they could've been better.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Tallguy905,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites Guelph. It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us! I'm so pleased that you found us to be convenient to your needs, and were comfortable in your suite. My team and I strive to earn feedback like yours, which lets us know that our guests are receiving the positive hotel experience that is the Staybridge standard. Further, in regards to the pillows; I am pleased to announce that we are in the process of replacing all the pillows in the entire hotel.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

I have booked my self for the new years eve 2016...2017
I was impressed with the way they handled our booking very polite and almost met all our requests....
The review will continue after our stay tomorrow..

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank afreezr
Inder B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

This was our third visit to this location over a 3 year period. Our first visit we had a very enjoyable stay. Everything you'd expect from The Staybridge name. Our second visit had us leaving a little disheartened. Half a pot of coffee left in the coffee maker along with missing shampoo upon checking in to our room could have been a one-off incident. We were leaving to go out for dinner and happened to catch the shift manager at the desk and mentioned these issues to her. A sharp "that doesn't happen here!" comment left me puzzled. My wife is a platinum IHG points member and can boast of frequent stays at their hotel chains. I replied with "do you think we would make this up?" She apologized and said to see her on our next visit and she would make it up to us. What would make her think we'd be back? On our 3rd stay, which was booked 2 months ahead, we found ourselves booked into an accessible room that comes with a warning on a card in the room that you will be moved if a handicapped customer requests accommodation. Once again, a platinum member who normally gets an upgraded room as one of the benefits. When asked about this 'condition' the receptionist said the hotel was booked due to a hockey tournament. At breakfast the next morning, we were hard pressed to see anyone connected with a hockey event. The normal metal cutlery and ceramic plates/bowls have now become plastic and paper...how disappointing. Our next stay here may be at the Express up the road for $25 less a night.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rickyticky63
Inder B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Dear Rickyticky,

Thank you for sharing your concerns about the Staybridge Suites Guelph. I'm truly sorry that your experience with us was inconvenient and unsatisfactory. It is the Staybridge standard to ensure that our guests' needs are met to the best of our ability, and that a suitable alternate accommodation is provided if something should go awry. Clearly, this standard was not met in your case, for which I apologize. Please be assured that your experience is not typical, and that I will investigate the problems you encountered to ensure they are not repeated going forward. We definitely try our very best to upgrade all our Platinum members if we have the availability to do so; the particular date of your stay, we did not have anything available for an upgrade.

Again, my apologies for your negative experience. Thank you for your comments. I appreciate being made aware of difficulties experienced by our guests, as your feedback helps me address and correct matters requiring attention.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Just a heads up, this hotel is not a $200 a night hotel, it is an average 3 star hotel not close to anything charging downtown big city rates. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and just wanted people to beware.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Inder B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Dear Todd,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and being one of our valued IHG Rewards Club members. While we are pleased to read that you rated our room cleanliness and service to be high, it is regrettable that the rates that our hotel offered was a let down. It is not our intent to inconvenience you, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

As a valued guest, please be assured that all comments will be reviewed and will be brought up during meetings for enhancements to continually improve guest satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next future visit.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

I want to let everyone know how wonderful Shannon is at the Staybridge Suites! She works in the breakfast area and she is absolutely fantastic. Her customer service is impeccable! She goes above and beyond and is so friendly. She works hard and is approachable. She will stay in my memory as one of the best and I will come back because of her!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Inder B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites Guelph. It's great to hear that you were thoroughly pleased with your stay! I'm glad that you found the service you received to your liking, and were comfortable in your suite. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Shannon!
Again, thank you for your comments. I appreciate your feedback, and look forward to forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Guelph!